Question Re: 24 ft. BF

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Wendy

Question Re: 24 ft. BF

Post by Wendy »

We have located a 2000 24 ft. model with the rear side bed for sale. We need room for 2 adults and a dog crate which is 36 long,22 wide, 25 high. Do you think there would be sufficient room to place the crate where we could still have access to the bathroom,etc.? :roll: Thanks, Wendy
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Wendy;

Are you sure it's a 24' model with a rear side bed? I could be wrong, but I thought all the rear side bed models were 26'.

Our crate is 42x28x30 and it was very hard to use in my 26RSB. We tried it on the bed and on the opened couch. It was a pain in either case.

I would think on the floor, it would take up the whole aisle, if it fit at all. Would also block access to the refrigerator, sink, etc.

If it is a RSB model, you can take the mattress out and use that for the dog area, if you don't mind sleeping on the couch or if it has the overhead bunk area.

Do check on the length of the motorhome.

John
Jack and Betty

Post by Jack and Betty »

John,

Three years ago I looked at a 2000 24 RSB. I thought it was a misprint in the add. The entry door is in the same location as a 26 RSB. One of the chairs is removed along with the pill-up table. what i saw had the swing away table like the earlier BFT.
whemme

Born Free 24' RSB Coach

Post by whemme »

Yes, Born Free at one time did offer a 24' RSB model built on the E-350 chassis. I know because a fellow member and acquaintance on mine from my home town of Spencer, IA owns one. Like John indicated, this model only had one captain's chair.

I would also agree that a dog crate of that size, although it might fit in the isle of the coach, would make it very difficult for the two human occupants to navigate around the coach.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
BFrees

Post by BFrees »

Born Free also built the 24' RSB on the E-450 chasis. I own one, it's a 2002. Love the coach. However, IMHO a dog crate and two people won't work in this model. Much too tight.
Ed & Ann Marie
2002 24' RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”