LT225/75R16E Tire Inflation Info for 24' and 26' Born Frees

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ralph Strauch

Tire rotation

Post by Ralph Strauch »

Charlotte,

You probably don't need to worry about rotating the tires on your BF. Most motor homes aren't driven enough to wear out the tires before they age out, so rotating to get maximum mileage isn't the issue it is for passenger cars or for commercial trucks.

Ralph
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

Wow! What information so many of you choose to share. Thank you. My son is an engineer and typically so, has all kinds of advice, questions or opinions that sometimes I can't respond to...Now....I have some ammunition and I can casually drop it in the course of conversation with him...maybe he'll think I'm smarter than he's given me credit for....Thank you Dave.
As far as the pressure in the tires, I had them put 75 in the rear tires and 65 in the front tires. As our streets are pretty bad here, I really couldn't tell by ride anyway, that the new tires road much differently. I have to check but I believe it says 80 on the tire. One more thing, it says that they are commercial grade...I guess that's good...better than light truck, etc. Again, thanks everyone for your help. I surely would have gotten the wrong tires if not for all the input....
Bill Ruh

tire rotation

Post by Bill Ruh »

Hi Charlotte and others,

Mel is right about ford and Ralph is right in general, but I did rotate the tires once front-to-back on our e350. Our front were wearing a bit more than the back, so I'll probably get another 10k out of them because of the rotation. We now have 60k miles on the michelin ltx m/s...
whemme

Inflation Graph for allLT225/75R16 load range E rated tires.

Post by whemme »

You can use the Inflation Graph for all brands of LT225/75R16 load range E rated tires. Click on the blue Download link below to view the graph.
Attachments
BORN FREE TIRE INFLATION GR.pdf
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

Bill...You are such a sweetheart. I downloaded that graph & printed it out to put in my BF for when I can get it weighed. Thanks so much. I know I ask you & Mel for help whenever I'm stuck and you both always reply kindly, informatively and in a language I can understand. I want to take this opportunity, especially at this time of the year, to thank you straight from the heart. Being a senior solo driver and new to all of this Class C stuff, it's sometimes very frustrating when I don't have anyone to turn to for information. This website has been my 'rock'. Though I can't attend a lot of the rallies for financial reasons and also they're usually pretty far away from me, I've met a few people that I stay in touch with. Of those, there's some that I simply could not do without and you're one of them. So thank you Bill, Mel, Bill R.,Jeff & Linda, Kim, Mary, and Bill Lyons. I hope your travels are safe, happy and full of wonderful memories....and may your holidays be blessed, full of love and good health with family and friends to celebrate with. Merry Christmas....thanks for making my life a lot easier....God Bless

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”