Generator cranks but won't stay running

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

nextcom1

Post by nextcom1 »

Does anyone know what may be the issue; my onan cranks over and runs for about a minute then quits, every time I restart it, it runs for less time before it quits. It seems like it is gas starved but can't figure out why. I have a full tank of gas.....Any ideas?
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Ours did something similar earlier this year and cleared up after we replaced the fuel filter ~~
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
Bob Proctor

Post by Bob Proctor »

I had a similar problem when I forgot to flip the "winter/summer" lever on the generator back to "summer" this spring.
2002 24RB
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

Just a suggestion, but you might go to the outside of the unit and give the generator linkage a little shot of WD40 and move it by hand. I had this problem while in Florida this past winter, and it worked for us. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!
RVN4US

Re: Generator cranks but won't stay running

Post by RVN4US »

Did you ever get the generator figured out??????????

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”