Window (mesh) sun screens

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jim Hofmann

Window (mesh) sun screens

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Can anyone recommend a good brand of "see through" sun shade? I am talking about the mesh shade you put in the windshield of the cab that allow you to see out, but the people outisde can't see in (in day time). I bought one at the last FMCA rally I attended, that works, but looks very sloppy. It was not make specifially for a Ford 450 cab, but was the closest thing they had.
I want one that fits inside and covers the front (windshield) as well as the two side windows.
Mel Wilbur

sun screen

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Jim, I know what you mean, we could not find anything that worked so we purchased some of the material and Connie made a set for the windshield and side windows which work very well. They attach with suction cups and are easy to install and remove. Dust off the sewing machine and go for it.
Mel & Connie
w5vthdonb

Post by w5vthdonb »

We purchased a winter cover for the front window and sides. Then I purchased from Arizona the material and my wife copied the winter one,
We used magnets on the rear of the side windows and velcro on the front side windows which goes around the mirrors.
It fits just like the one we purchased from Camping World for the winter months.

We also made a shade which attaces to the side awning and put gromets on it so we could anchor it down in the wind.

The cost is far cheaper than trying to buy one and it fits perfect. Also you could make some covers for the windshield washer blades out of the scrape.

Don USN ret
2002 RSB
1987 Cabriolet Convertable toad.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”