Rocky Mountain Rally Pictures

Memories of past rallies and caravans
golferdhm

Rocky Mountain Rally Pictures

Post by golferdhm »

We finally got home from the Rocky Mountain Rally in Breckenridge and thought some of you might like seeing some of the scenery we enjoyed on the daily off-road trips. Pictures I took of it may be seen at http://travel.webshots.com/photo/298761 ... 6814FEOmtf .

It was a great rally and the RV Resort, Tiger Run, at which we stayed was outstanding. Just about the nicest sites I've ever seen. Kudos to Bill and Mary Lyon for the arrangements and to Mike Barmettler for his leadership in leading us over the high mountain trails.
John&Madonna Hoecker

Post by John&Madonna Hoecker »

Don, did you visit other parks while out west? John and I are planning on a big "Grand Circle" trip for 2010. Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Arches, and possibly Rocky Mountain NP since we will be going via Castle Rock to visit a friend. Anyone here who has had experience driving from the east coast to any/all of these places and is willing to share any details of their trip, we would appreciate hearing from you! Right now we are thinking a month but possibly a bit more to see everything.

Madonna
Hawkeye111

Post by Hawkeye111 »

John and Madonna,
We just returned from a 6000 mile trip through South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri. Visited Arches, Canyon Lands, National Monuments, Mexican Hat, South rim of Grand Canyon, White water rafting on the Colorado, Hualipai Sky Walk and many other parks/monuments in Utah and Wyoming and Dakotas. Email us at ClarkJay@msn.com if you wish to establish an offline discussion. We have done that "circle" three times in twenty-eight years and are re-energized every time we do!
John&Madonna Hoecker

Post by John&Madonna Hoecker »

Thanks so much for the offer. You will certainly hear from us soon.

Return to “Past Rally and Caravan Recaps”