CB Antenna Mounting: Newbie Question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tomdclark

CB Antenna Mounting: Newbie Question

Post by tomdclark »

I'd like to mount a CB antenna somewhere on my 24RB. Any suggestions or experiences (good or bad)?

After a bit of research, I've tenatively decided to mount a 4 foot antenna in the channel next to the hood on the driver's side using one of the channel mounts sold by Firestik, but I'd certainly be willing to listen to arguments otherwise. I'm a bit reluctant to mount on the roof as I like the relatively low 10 foot clearance that I currently have, but again will listen.
Bill Ruh

CB Antenna Mounting

Post by Bill Ruh »

Hi Tom,

We have a magnetic-mount wilson 1000 that sits between the hood and the windshield on the driver's side. It angles a bit away from the cabover. The previous owner had it there, and it's worked well enough to leave it alone. The channel-mount looks nicer, especially if you can mount it far enough forward to go straight up and avoid the cabover.

FWIW, I mounted the cb just to the driver side of the ceiling courtesy lights. The microphone velcros to the carpet. A picture is probably much better than words: http://mysite.verizon.net/bornfreereardoor/int05.jpg I cut and mounted a board to fit inside the hollow ceiling to brace the cb mount and ran power and antenna up the "a" pillar. The previous owner mounted the cb vertically on the doghouse and we would hit it with our legs when moving from the driver seat to the back, so we like the ceiling mount much better.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
whemme

Born Free CB Antenna

Post by whemme »

Tom Clark,

I have sent you an E-mail including a photo of the Radio Shack ball mount CB antenna I have installed in both my earlier 1999 24' RB and current 2002 26' RSB units. Needed to do this via E-mail so that you could get the photo.

whemme
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Brent

Post by Brent »

I mounted the CB antenna to the rear ladder and ran the cable up under the RV and up through the wiring port under the drivers side. The CB is mounted to the right side of the drivers seat.

The good part is no holes need be drilled any where in the RV body.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”