Battery Watering System

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

camai7

Battery Watering System

Post by camai7 »

Not realizing the implication, I had special double sixes Model #U2200 house batteries installed. At delivery I discovered they were too heavy & tall to accommodate a slide out drawer. Obviously this makes the water fill process untenable.

I was told of a device permanently installed to the batteries which enables water to be filled to the proper level via use of a hand pump from outside the compartment without having to move the batteries.

Has anyone had experience with this product?
Jim
bill crommett

Battery watering system

Post by bill crommett »

Better yet -- install a smart charger and you won't have to worry much about the battery water.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Wow, they've really shrunk the battery compartment in the 2009s. My two 6-volt batteries fit fine in my 2004 BFT battery tray.

I used such a battery fill system when I had the OEM 12-volt Interstate batteries and the OEM Parallax/Magnetek converter/charger. I needed it because the OEM converter/charger would boil the water out of the batteries if I left the coach plugged into shore power for more than a day or two. It was made by Flow-Rite. I purchased it at the local Camping World. The 6-volt system is called Pro-Fill and comes made for two batteries:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... stem/27035

I have since gone to two 6-volt Trojan T-105 Plus batteries and upgraded to a converter/smart 3-stage charger. No more overcharging problems. In fact, I haven't had to add any significant amount of water since. :D

Bill
Attachments
Pro-Fill.jpg
Pro-Fill.jpg (8.68 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
mockturtle

AGM?

Post by mockturtle »

I'm re-posting my reply more appropriately as a new topic. --pat