Generator problem

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

lafons

Generator problem

Post by lafons »

My generator started not wanting to start untill after serval tries and will die shortly after firing up.I have the summer /winter switch set for summer ( 85 degrees )I feel it may need plugs and wires, (2001 and 200 hrs ,Onan 4000) Looking at the plugs the back one looks like you may have to drop the entire generator to get at it. Any one changed the plugs and wires ? any suggestions or advice. Looks like a major job but please tell me its not. :?:
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Floor jack under middle of outside bottom edge of generator ~ raise just a tad to take the weight off of the holding bolts (4), which affix the holding plate. Remove bolts and unhook plate ~ disconnect main power plug set (right-hand side in generator enclosure) ~ slowly lower the jack allowing the generator to tilt down. You can now access both plugs ~ while you have it down, I would also replace the fuel filter :>)
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”