The Mor-ryde saga

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

ronpurdum

The Mor-ryde saga

Post by ronpurdum »

I have inquired of members in the past about Mor-ryde to make a smoother ride. My unit, a 2004 26 RSB rode poorly and actually broke several cabinet doors. I stopped at Mor-ryde enroute home from a Mn bicycle/canoe trip and after inspection and measurement was told "Yep we can install Mor-ryde on your unit. This was done by a saleman as the Service Manager was off that day. (Lesson #1- never, ever, trust a saleman) An appointment was made for three weeks hence and I drove back to Indiana from Penn. burning that $3.25/gal gasoline. The mechanics put the unit in the shop and we went to brealfast. Upon returing, nothing had been done. The service manager told us that they could NOT install Mor-ryde on the unit as there was not enough room. The holding tank interfers. Luckily, the saleman was not present which saved me from arrest for a serious crime. The service manager did give me an option which I took and am pleased with. They install Poly-Springs, a spring which is made up of five equal length springs and are installed on E-450 Ford bus units to soften the ride. I also had Bilstein comfort shocks installed . The ride is much improved and the shock on hitting potholes and bridge joints is gone. Cost was a little over $1300.00
cjackg

Details on Poly-Springs

Post by cjackg »

Can you give more info on the Poly-Springs....
Is this a Ford part or after-market? Is there any info available online?
Are they available from other sources?
What is involved to install them?

Thanks,
Jack
ronpurdum

Polly Springs

Post by ronpurdum »

They are an aftermarket spring made up of five equal length leaves. Mor-ryde installs them and the mor-ryde rubber spring on the Ford E-450 cab/chassis units that are to be converted into a mini-bus. So I have half of the up-grade. I have never seen these before but you could check with a local spring shop or Mor-ryde themselves. But, I would not speak to anyone other than the service manager. It took the mechanics at Mor-ryde only a few hours to install them. They just jacked up the vehicle with large air jacks and within minutes had one off and ready for the new one. One thing; I had them leave the air-bags off to see how it works. So far, so good but may re-install them. When they took the orginial spring off, It was actually bent on one end.
BornFree_n_Now

Mor-ryde

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Interesting Information Bulletin Regarding Mor-ryde ~ DEPARTMENT OF CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL

http://www.cbabus.com/images/3-1-0304IB.pdf
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
buchanan

Post by buchanan »

I have a 24RB on a E450 chassis. Terrible ride. I went to Elkhart IN, had a RV dealer remove the grey water tank and attached piping. They installed Poly springs, shocks, and MOR/RYDE. Then I had the Rv dealer reinstall the plumbing. Rides like a dream. Try it, you'll like it.

russ Buchanan
205 879 1265
205 999 3915

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”