Vibration

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ruby2

Vibration

Post by Ruby2 »

Recently purchased a used '04 24'BFRB. When sitting in the passenger seat there is a constant vibration. I have balanced the front tires, then all 4 rear tires and inflated the bags to 55# as specified. Lowered front pressure to 60# and rears to 70#. This all helped but still a vibration!

It has a little over 35,000 miles. Is it time to change shocks? What experience have others had and mileage on this type of unit did you change shocks?
Ruby2

Post by Ruby2 »

I have done all but the alignment and the vibration...CAN NOT be felt in the wheel or the drivers seat.

It has Michelin tires and they are good...tires balance great and run true.

So maybe an alignment even though it does not show up driving the unit and maybe it has a bad cord or something in the RF tire. However, I do not feel it in the steering wheel. That is what has me baffled!!! I could rotate it and see if that makes a difference also.

As for shocks...I have found that on Motor Homes that the leaking is way after they are "shot". I put new HD ones on my "B" on the front at about 30,000 I think it was and that made a big difference. I just replaced the rear on that unit at 52,000 and what a difference it made. There were no leaks and still seemed to be "good" shock compression...but new ones were BIG improvement.
whemme

Coach Vibration Issues

Post by whemme »

I had to have the tire balance man repeat the job three times before the out of balance condition was finally fixed!

You should find a tire shop that has a Hunter GPS 9700 (or equivalent) tire balance machine. This machine is capable of not only balancing a tire but also determines road force measurements and mounting rim centering and runout problems. If this machine is used to it's full capability, it may recommend dismounting a tire from the rim and remounting it after rotating the tire from its initial position to correct some of these other problems not related specifically to tire balance itself. It may be that you will have to discard and replace a rim or tire that has excessive problems that can't be balanced properly. That is the reason my tire shop was asked to do the job three times - it was necessary to conduct all tests that this machine was capable of and make necessary corrections before I was satisfied with eliminating tire vibration in my coach.

Along with front end alignment and worn bushing issues that can cause cupping mostly on the insides of your front tires, an out of balance drive shaft can also cause vibration problems.

Click on the Hunter website address below for more info on their tire balance machine:

http://gsp9700.com/
Last edited by whemme on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

We have used this product on our coach for the past year with good success: http://www.centramatic.com/
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”