Swivel Table

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mquade

Swivel Table

Post by mquade »

We will be owners of a 2008 22' BF about January, and need to figure out what type of table we would like. We saw a swivel table in a 2003 24' model awhile back, and liked it alot(saves space, always up, with no storage needed). However, the factory mentioned there have been issues with it(bearing comes loose, not level, etc.). They sent us a used one to try and fix on our own. Two hours later I believe we've done it!

I am wondering why others haven't fixed theirs? Is there anyone out there with a swivel table(swivels around to between cab seats) that has had problems and fixed them, or, has one with no problems. Any advice would be much appreciated. Advantages/disadvantages?
David and Susan Bratt

swivel table

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We had a friend cut about 1.5 inches off the support pipe and drill a new hole. This lowered the table to a more comfortable level. Then my husband made a new larger table top that simply rested on the original one with some narrow molding strips to keep it in place. We stowed this at the end of the couch behind the passenger seat when it wasn't being used. The larger top was also heavier and made the whole thing feel more stable. We salvaged it when we lost our coach in the flood and hope to be able to reuse it in the future.
There has also been a previous discussion on this topic.
Search ""Swivel table."
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I have one that is not level and is getting progressively worse over time. Off hand I think the swivel is too weak for the application but I haven't really taken a good look at it to see what can be done to fix it. I was thinking recently that replacing the swivel with a larger/stronger boat seat swivel may help. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Jack and Betty

swivel table

Post by Jack and Betty »

I had the Born Free take out the swivel table in our 2005 BFT and replace it with the new free standing table before purchase. I had read posts about looseness and unsteadyness of the swivel table. We needed something more stable. The free standing table stows behind the drivers seat. It has a three legged foot that the pedestal goes into and the table top mounts on top of the pedestal. Could also thak the table outside if you want to.

Jack
bcope01

Re: swivel table

Post by bcope01 »

Jack and Betty wrote:I had the Born Free take out the swivel table in our 2005 BFT and replace it with the new free standing table before purchase.
When I purchased mine, the factory also gave me the post, folding legs, and part that attaches to the bottom of the table to convert my swivel table if I desired. But I kind of like the idea of the swivel table if only the swivel function can be made to be more sturdy so that the table doesn't tilt. Any ideas? :?: :idea:

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
bill crommett

swivel table

Post by bill crommett »

When we bought our 2004 BFT it had a very sloppy swivel that was replaced by the dealer. The bearings now work quite well but the factory did a sloppy job of installing the mounting plate at the bottom. This left a noticeable tilt to the table when it was extended to the "Breakfast Position". To eliminate this problem I cut a long broad wedge and installed it on top of the top mounting plate being very careful to remount the plate with screws that were of a proper length to get to the table again and not go through to the surface.
I also added an auxiliary table that slides on to the small table so that it would accommodate a surface compatible with the games we play while waiting for morning -- or what-ever.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Bill:

Would you be able to post some pictures of the new swivel, your installation modifications, and the table add-on you mentioned above?

Thanks,
Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
bill crommett

table

Post by bill crommett »

I am not computer literate enough to post picture on this forum, and I have no intention of going though the stress of learning.

However if you will send me your e-mail address, I will send you some pictures and you may post them if you wish.

Bill <wecrom@nctv.com>

(my personal philosophy is that anyone named Bill can't be all bad)
bcope01

Re: table

Post by bcope01 »

bill crommett wrote:However if you will send me your e-mail address, I will send you some pictures and you may post them if you wish.
Email on the way. Thanks!

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
Norm

BF slanted table

Post by Norm »

Bill, I have a table in need of help too. I will email. Thanks, Norm
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

Does anyone else need pictures of my modification wedge for the swivel table ?

I just found them for Norm., but his problem seems to be a bad bearing.

Bill

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”