Independent Inspection?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

missBJ

Independent Inspection?

Post by missBJ »

Hi! I am considering the purchase of a 26' 2003 model, and I was wondering about hiring an independent inspector to check out the unit before I agree to purchase. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this, if they found it useful, or if they think it's a waste of time/money, etc.. Any and all opinions are most appreciated.

Thanks!
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

it never hurts to have an independent person check a unit over -- are you buying it from a private person or a dealer? -- be sure to look at a copy of all the service records and repairs to see what has been done to it -- has it been servised on a regular basis? -- does it use oil? -- it is comming up on 5 years so have the tires checked by a tire dealer to see if it needs tires because of age -- has it been stored inside or outside? -- is it in an area where freezing could cause water pipes to crack? -- how about the holding tanks ? -- if there is a current Born Free owner near-by that person might be of help -- hope this gives you some things to think about -- BobN
missBJ

Post by missBJ »

Thanks for your response. Those are good questions to ask. The unit is in Florida, being sold by a Born Free dealer. I will ask about the service records. And new tires are already part of the deal!
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

I know you will enjoy your BF -- be sure to join the BF club -- see the application on line -- let us know how you like your new " to you " coach - BobN

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”