SCION xB Anybody?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Larry Nordby

SCION xB Anybody?

Post by Larry Nordby »

Merry Christmas to all my Born Free brothers and sisters!

I'm considering a Scion xB as a toad and wonder if anyone has, or knows someone who has used this vehicle for that purpose. I'm intrigued by it's size (relatively small) and interior space (relatively large) and the fit, finish and reliability for which Toyota is known. It weighs in at about 3,000 lbs and comes well equiped for $16K-all decked out for $20K. With standard 5 speed I can tow 4 down.

My other choice would be a Jeep Wrangler-How's that for polar opposits?

Any Thoughts??
Mel Wilbur

Scion XB

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Larry, Blue Ox does list the base plate for the 2008 Scion XB. That is a good indication that there is a call for them. You may want to call Blue Ox for more info.
Mel & Connie
Mark Ireland

Towing Scion xB

Post by Mark Ireland »

We towed a 2007 Scion xB for 6 months last winter. It was an easy toad, light and easy to setup to tow. Locking the doors was a bit of a fire drill, but we did find the combination - lock all doors, then manually unlock driver side doors and exit vehicle, open driver side rear door, close driver door, reach in and lock it, then lock and close rear door.

The only downside towing it was the ground clearance and lack of all (four) wheel drive. We spent time at South Padre Island, TX and were hesitant about going too far on the sand, we were also in Quartzite for the Born Free rally. We never had a problem, but missed the versitility we had with our Jeep Liberty - however we got nearly double the fuel economy.

Good luck with your decision!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”