Brought home our new RV! :)

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Covfam

Brought home our new RV! :)

Post by Covfam »

Well hunny and i have brought home our new baby!

Will take some pics tomorrow in the daylight and TRY to get them up (im not very good with the web) :) We went to humbolt and did the complete walkthrough and finished the purchase!.... then drove home by the way of minnisota and stayed the night at 2 walmarts before getting home (brr it was cold!) and despite zero degree temps and frequent walks in the windy cold to the walmart bathrooms late at night & early morning ( we are winterized so no plumbing) we enjoyed the lil trip home! i do admit ... it is and will be one of the VERY few winter Drydock camping for us in the midwest hehe, but i do have to say even with all the advise we had from you fine folks here we still learned alot!. :) :) :)

Well time to go, ill give more details tomorrow with the pics of our baby!.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Congratulations on your new purchase.

So give us the details; year, model, etc.

Safe travels.

John
Larry Nordby

Trip home

Post by Larry Nordby »

Welcome to the Northern Cold Weather Chapter of Born Free. We brought ours back in similar conditions but did not spend evenings camping. I headed straight for home back in the Minneapolis area! I'm kind of wishing I could have spent at least one night out-just to say I did.

I know you and your family look forward to upcoming new adentures, and want to remind you that we live in Eden Praire and would welcome a call should you pass this way.

Happy New Years!
Covfam

Post by Covfam »

As for details, its a 2001 Built for two, with 26k miles on it now in great shape (previous owner is the owner of dodgen industries) since its the 01' model it has the larger bathroom and has about every born free option available (probably due to who the previous owner was)we have the twin adjustable bench/beds floorplan.

later in this post my wife will post some pictures (she is the photo/interweb guru in this house!)

We live in west central wisconsin so we wont do a whole lot of winter dry docking but come april we will be out and about almost every week end and trying to burn my wifes 8 weeks a year paid vacations!

Despite the cold and harsh learning curve we enjoyed the lil trip from iowa and minnisota to wisconsin.

We actually will be comming to the minneapolis area alot .. chanhassen has a very nice dinner theater there and we like dinner theaters!
ElenTikvah

Pictures of Maebh!

Post by ElenTikvah »

Hello all! I'm so pleased that say that we have finally brought our baby home! After years of searching, Maebh is finally here! Her name means "cause of great joy" and she is that, indeed!

We had a lovely time bringing her home, but it was COOOOLD! ...and we learned a LOT! Glad that we did it, and I wouldn't trade the experience for the world...but honestly, I don't plan on repeating the mistakes of this first initial trip! :lol:

Here are some pictures of her, there are nine total, so I'll have three posts to include them all...oh, and please excuse the dirt and snow everywhere...it is January in Wisconsin, and roads are MESSY!

This is my first time posting photos here, so if I've done it incorrectly, please let me know, so that I can correct my mistakes.

So, without further ado...I give you, Maebh!
Attachments
Driver Side.JPG
Driver Side.JPG (56.98 KiB) Viewed 6674 times
Passenger Side.JPG
Passenger Side.JPG (57.58 KiB) Viewed 6674 times
Finally home!
Finally home!
Hunny&Maebh.JPG (59.58 KiB) Viewed 6674 times
Last edited by ElenTikvah on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElenTikvah

Post by ElenTikvah »

...and more of Maebh...
Attachments
Passenger Side - inside.JPG
Passenger Side - inside.JPG (31.97 KiB) Viewed 6671 times
Sink.JPG
Sink.JPG (22.76 KiB) Viewed 6673 times
Driver Side - inside.JPG
Driver Side - inside.JPG (30.69 KiB) Viewed 6673 times
Last edited by ElenTikvah on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElenTikvah

Post by ElenTikvah »

...finally!
Attachments
Looking forward to many miles!
Looking forward to many miles!
Rear.JPG (28.5 KiB) Viewed 6672 times
Interior.JPG
Interior.JPG (55.96 KiB) Viewed 6672 times
Lavatory.JPG
Lavatory.JPG (13.96 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”