6V Batteries

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

rv4fun

Post by rv4fun »

Bill H. Thanks for posting the gas consumption numbers for V-10 in idle and for the generator in the charging mode. I'm pleasantly surprised the V-10 uses so little gas when idling. It looks like it might be about a tie between the V-10 and the generator for the most fuel efficient way to charge the batteries (assuming the coach has a fast three step charging system). When we were at the recent Quartzsite Rally, we used the generator for a couple of hours each day to keep the coach batteries topped off. Sounds like I could also have idled the V-10. It's kinda of nice to have a choice!.

Bill (bcope1), I'm interested in how you changed your battery tray over to the new type that fully extends. What was involved in doing it? How much did the factory want for the new tray? Thanks. I notice that you're from Calif and am wondering if you're going to the Paso Robles Rally.. Larry
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

rv4fun wrote:Bill (bcope1), I'm interested in how you changed your battery tray over to the new type that fully extends. What was involved in doing it? How much did the factory want for the new tray? Thanks. I notice that you're from Calif and am wondering if you're going to the Paso Robles Rally.. Larry
Hi Larry, Mel Wilbur already made a post on installing the new style battery tray.You can read about it and see images here: http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... .php?t=932

As Mel says, you'll need to drill four new holes to match the mounting pattern of the new tray. Unlike Mel, I didn't have to lengthen the ground cable - everything fit great. You'll need to also pick up four 5/16 x 1 1/2 carriage bolts, flat washers, and stop nuts. I bought these in stainless steel.

The sliding mechanism on my old tray froze up due to corrosion. I called Kim Olson at the factory to see if they would replace it under warranty. He said, "This type of issue is usually covered under individual component warranty but I would be willing to send you a new tray under Customer Relations if you install it yourself, the tray you will be receiving is a new improved tray (we no longer stock the Kwikee tray) I think you will like it." So, Born Free, and specifically Kim Olson, came through again.

The new style tray is made by Fleming Sales Company, Inc. It is called the E-Z Glide Battery tray. http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/

See you in Paso Robles.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
rv4fun

Post by rv4fun »

Bill.. Thanks for the info on the battery tray. Look forward to meeting you in Paso Robles.. Larry

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”