Velvac Mirror

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Sab & Ann

Velvac Mirror

Post by Sab & Ann »

The Velvac mirror arm is made of three pieces. I have developed a 0.175" gap between the pivot and the horizontal arm. How can it be repaired or can it be repaired?
Attachments
Born Free Velvac Mirror 002.jpg
Born Free Velvac Mirror 002.jpg (16.49 KiB) Viewed 8600 times
2000 RB, E450
whemme

Post by whemme »

Here is the website address for the Velvac Mirror Company:
http://www.velvac.com/RVs_only/home/home.html

Click on the Tech Support page and look below their FAQ section and you will find contact info for their tech support staff who should be able to answer your questions.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

This is an excellent question for the Customer Service folks at Velvac. They claim: "Customer Service Second to None. Velvac provides friendly, prompt responses to all customers' needs. Our dedicated, experienced inside sales group supplies complete and knowledgeable technical support."

Contact information can be found here: http://www.velvac.com/

Sending them the picture will surely help explain the problem.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
lassen

Post by lassen »

Sab.... I'm sure George Boley already has your answer and just hasn't posted it yet.

Jack...
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
Sab & Ann

Velvac Mirror

Post by Sab & Ann »

I talked to the chief engineer at Velvac and he said that he has never seen a problem like mine. The componets are press fit under 4000# of force. He suggested that I apply some two part epoxy and tap it together. That is eaiser said than done. I did not see the gap until I wash the unit after I took it out of storage. I will let you know how the solution works out
2000 RB, E450
lassen

Post by lassen »

Sab...My real guess is that the water somehow got in the arm, froze, and expanded enough to do the seperation. On our previous coach we broke the mirror by washing the coach just prior to putting it in storage. It was the stainless steel type that would hold water in the bottom half because of no drain.

Jack....
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
Sab & Ann

Valvac Morror

Post by Sab & Ann »

Jack, I think that you are correct. I was able to tap it back in with a 2 pound rubber mallet. If it comes loose again, I will use the epoxy that was recommended by Velvac. It is not loose now, it took a little bit of force to get it back into place. All the electrical controls do work, so it did not damage the wiring in the arm. Thanks for everyones comments.
2000 RB, E450

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”