Ready to take the leap!

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

John S.

Post by John S. »

Good, I am glad. Mike is pretty good. I live about 6 miles from the entrance to the Skyline Drive but down by the river instead of up high.... I am sure we will find a place to meet one day.
Robert D. Grant

Post by Robert D. Grant »

John and Madonna,

IMO you were wise to hold off on the large curb side awning. Ours is very seldom used. Up here on the Maine coast, where we spend lots of time during the Summer and early Fall, an awning is basically worthless due to frequent violent stormy weather and coastal "breezes". We were also unable to use ours most of the time on our 5 month trip through the Northwest a few years ago due to the gusty and unpredictable winds that we experienced out there. Besides the initial cost there are also some maintenance/reliability issues even with the manual type. As others have previously mentioned we do like the small, simple awning over our sofa and it would be nice to have more of these.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”