Steering Dampers

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jack Magestro

Steering Dampers

Post by Jack Magestro »

I've been researching these for our BF E-450 Chassis and came up with
Safe-T Steer. But I was crawling around under the front end and found there was already a damper in place. I think.

Anyone here done an add on steering damper? Cross winds are a real pain and I am told the dampers help and also with certain sorts of road ruts and things that try to grab you wheels.

Thanks in advance!

Jack
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Would not leave home without our Safe-T-Plus ~~ considerable difference as compared to stock damper, and return to center characteristic is great, as long as unit is correctly installed/adjusted. May also be helpful in preventing broken crowns and tumbles :>)
Last edited by BornFree_n_Now on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
hrgermany

steering dampeners

Post by hrgermany »

I also replaced my steering dampener with a Safe-T-Steer unit.Just make sure you get the right unit and have it propelrly installed.There is not much room underneed and the unit has a much larger diameter.

Hans Rueckert
1995 BF 26RSB
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

We have had the Safe-T-Plus system on our coach for six years with no problems and it does an excellent job. You can check it out at www.safe-t-plus.com
Mel & Connie
Dennis & Leatrice Amo

Post by Dennis & Leatrice Amo »

I purchased Safe-T-Plus from Camping World. There are different units and the one that I choose for the E-450 chassic was the silver unit. I did call safety Plus and they did recommend this one. After having it installed I was pleased to find that when a truck passed it didn't blow me off the road. My wife and I drove to Maine and found it much more relaxing to drive. There is also a safety factor with this unit.If you get a blowout on one of the front tires you will be able to control the vehicle to a stop. Check there web site. I stongly recommend this product.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I'm confused. :? Are the Safe-T-Steer and the Safe-T-Plus the same thing?

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”