Repairs in Humboldt

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jack Magestro

Repairs in Humboldt

Post by Jack Magestro »

Please bear with me. I am new on this forum and am not sure what to post where.

Here is the prob and question. You see, there was this great big tree that crossed against the lights in Rodisio, New Mexico and damaged our awning.
We are going to have Dodgen Industries do the repair/replacement in very early Sept. (That was a joke about the tree; I hit it on a very dark mountain road and, actually, we were pretty lucky. No damage to the shell of the MH.)

We have been searching for a motel WITH OUR LITTLE DOG around the factory in which to stay and are not having any luck. Nearest dog friendly place seems to be in Fort Dodge, near 20 miles away.

I'd guess some of you have visited Humboldt for one repair or another and
if you HAD A DOG, where did you stay and how did you get back and forth from the motel and repair facility at Born Free?

Many thanks in advance.

Jack and Jill
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Jack,

If your only repair is the awning I would think it could be done in less than a day and you could stay at the factory. They have 3 water and electric hookups in their lot and plenty of places to walk your pooch. Even if it was more than a one day job my guess is that you could have the coach back to use overnite.
Mel & Connie
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Jack;

We only spent one night at the factory last summer. The work we had done was completed in one day, but we arrived the night before.

We were allowed to sit in the air conditioned waiting room with our 2 German Shepherds while the work was being done, and they even got petted by the staff.

If you had to spend the night there, they could probably park you outside with the hookups for the night so you could stay right there, no hotel needed.

Good luck.

John
Mary Findlay

BF is doggie friendly

Post by Mary Findlay »

I also travel with a dog (Blisse, the navigator). I've been to the factory a few times either for maintenance or enhancements on my current or previous coach. I try to arrive the night before the work is scheduled and stay in their lot with electricity provided (just pull in and hook up regardless of how early or late). As I'm sensitive to other customers who might be allergic to dogs, I've learned that they have at least two customer "comfort" areas so folks with and those without dogs can be comfortable. Typically, you can also get access to your coach easily to retrieve necessary doggie supplies as needed even while they are working on the coach. They are all "doggie" friendly and their coach work is outstanding.
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

We also have stayed at the factory over night for repairs with our 2 dogs. We took a folding x-pen kennel and had the dogs in a waiting room all day since it was February. Everyone was very welcoming, including John Dodgen, and it was not a problem. We also used the loaner car during the day and had access to the coach if we needed it.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”