Removing Furniture

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Wendy

Removing Furniture

Post by Wendy »

We are in a quandry.....we had thought to sell our BF and purchase a larger RV. We show dogs, and there is just not enough room for our crates. Now we are rethinking...and we are considering taking out one chair,plus the small table. We can stack one crate on top of the other. The crates are 36" long and 27" wide. Do we need special tools to take out these items...and does anyone have a better idea? Thanks! Wendy :roll:
grross

Post by grross »

We use the Midwest crates with side/end entry. The seat is easily removed from the base using the lever that swings out 90 degrees. You might want to use a piece of plwood equal to the size of the crate's bottom to cover the base plate of the chair that is anchored to the BF floor. The plywood can also be used to anchor the crates. The table is easily removed and reinstalled by the 6 wood screws that hold it in place against the outer wall. Our Dobes are very happy traveling in the BF.
2008 27' RBRE V-10
bfmc4fun

Post by bfmc4fun »

We travel with a friend that use to show dogs. She has a folding crate that she still uses for camping. In transit, they slip onto a bike rack mounted in a two-inch receiver.
sutton

Post by sutton »

I have 3 Precision 4000 wire crates side by side for my labradors mounted down one side of my 24RB. Crates are 23 wide x 26 tall x 36 long and foldable (in order to be able to get them into the coach in the first place. I leave them permanently installed and you will also note on the top/front metal clips to make sure that they will not ever fold with a dog in them.

The factory came up with this setup based on my spec for the crates I wanted to use... Brilliant

They took out the chairs and table down one side and installed a 1 inch thick platform from some high quality oak/plywood. They screwed inverted U shaped anchors every 23 inches (the width of each crate) along the length (these reside between each of the 3 crates and at the ends so that I can strap each individual crate in place thru the anchor... and those crates can't move anywhere once strapped!! The anchored straps hold the crates in place both from the bottom of the crate (run through the wire crate, under the crate pan) as well as over the top of each crate. I put fake sheepskin under each crate on top of the plywood to prevent noise/rattling

Very happy with the result and the fact that the dogs can travel safely!!! Thank you Ed and the team for this setup!!

- Angela
Attachments
Crate setup for 3 large dogs
Crate setup for 3 large dogs
dsc_5263_927 (Small).jpg (62.26 KiB) Viewed 7018 times
Angela Sutton ..... and the labradors and border collies :-)
2003 24RB
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Angela, did you forget to include a photo of your labs?

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
sutton

Post by sutton »

Here the labs are....
Were you able to see the previous crate picture?
- Angela
Attachments
dsc_5076_985 (Small).jpg
dsc_5076_985 (Small).jpg (66.05 KiB) Viewed 6861 times
Angela Sutton ..... and the labradors and border collies :-)
2003 24RB
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Crate looks great. Labs too!

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”