Screen Door Sag

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

ewagman

Screen Door Sag

Post by ewagman »

My new to me RSB has a screen door that sags a bit and drags on the rear bottom on the latch side. I don't see any easy adjustment to eliminate the dragging bottom corner, short of brute force to bend it upward. The hinges all seem straight and aligned, and the entry door itself fits OK. I did a search, and did not find information on this topic. I would welcome any suggestions to correct this annoyance.
Ed & Beth
2003 Born Free 26' RSB: SOLD March 2016
replace by a house near the beach
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

I would try calling Kim Olsen at Born Free for advice. He is in charge of customer service and is very helpful in trying to trouble-shoot problems.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

When I apply brute force, I usually break something. :D So, I generally avoid it.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
richardfstone

Post by richardfstone »

The screen door get loose with age and the screen material stretches. You could try replacing the screen material with new screen, and holding the door squares as you install the material. I would remove the door and hold it on a table.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”