Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

Anyone else having trouble getting the avatar images to work with their signature? I've tried different image formats, image names and images sizes. 'Can't find the secret. I need a clue.

Happy Holidays!

Mike
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
knitheaven

Post by knitheaven »

hi Mike,

In the Avatar Control Panel section of our Profile it states that the image can be no larger than 80 x 80 pixels, and the file size no bigger than 6KB. I resized mine in MS Office Picture Manager to fit this requirement.

Not sure if this is the issue or if you mean the way you are using to upload?

Dianne
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Mike:

We too have had difficulty in getting the subject feature to work, even after reducing the picture to the required dimensions and file size. We have tried uploading from our computer, and from a hosted site, both to no avail. At any rate, Dianne's picture looks great!
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
Mike Jean Bandfield

OK. I found the secret. It only seems to work when you link to the image on another website. If you try to upload it from your cpu or copy it via url from another website it displays the broken image symbol.

However, it does seem that you can upload file attachments and have them display in posts. It displays in the preview OK. We'll try it here.

Happy Holidays,
Mike

PS. Nice Pot O' Gold at the end of that rainbow Dianne!
Attachments
Born Free Parked at our Peakaboo Shasta Ranch homesite.
Born Free Parked at our Peakaboo Shasta Ranch homesite.
Born Free @ PSR.jpg (91.3 KiB) Viewed 15158 times
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
knitheaven

Post by knitheaven »

Mike & Jean, Larry & Sharon,

Your pictures look great too!! Also like how you were able to put a pic in message as well...nice feature!

That pot of gold is being with family, good friends, and having a Born Free to boot :P ! Life is good.

Dianne
whemme

Post by whemme »

YOU CAN NOW UPLOAD AVATARS DIRECTLY!

Previously, the only way to upload an avatar to your profile was limited to doing it by linking to it from another website. As others have noted and posted to this topic, it did not work to upload an avatar directly from your computer. I contacted Captain Jack, Inc (the company hosting this website including this discussion forum) and they have now fixed this problem. Also, the size of a permissible avatar has been increased from 80 x 80 pixels now to 100 x 100 pixels.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Tim and Mia

Post by Tim and Mia »

Thanks for the help, I finally figured this feature out!
Mike Jean Bandfield

Thanks Bill!

This is much easier and the larger size is nice too.
Last edited by Mike Jean Bandfield on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

Don't think I was successful either
knitheaven

Post by knitheaven »

Linda & Sam,

Have you checked the size of your picture that you are trying to upload? The file size cannot be more than 6KB with the width no more than 100 pixels.

I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager to get my picture to fit. (I know there are better programs than this.) If you do use it, go to the "edit picture" part, then "resize." That will show you the original size and you can resize it to fit the requirements.

good luck,
Dianne
whemme

Post by whemme »

Sam Ryan,

As you can see, I uploaded your Corvette Avatar to your profile for you. The avatar that I E-mailed to you earlier was of the wrong format, so I redid it. I will E-mail you again with the correctly formatted Corvette Avatar so that you have a correct copy of it for your records.

If you decide you don't want this avatar on your profile, you can delete it or I can delete it for you.

Bill
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
knitheaven

suits

Post by knitheaven »

hey Sam,
You've made it as an avatar!! way to go!
Dianne

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”