Vibration

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Tom Piscitello

Vibration

Post by Tom Piscitello »

Has anyone experienced a vibration while driving that was identified and repaired that was not associated with the front suspension. I can feel a vibration in the seat while driving at highway speeds. I'm about to look at the rear tires and drive shaft, but would like to draw on the experience of others. Thanks in advance for any help you offer.
George Boley

Post by George Boley »

Tom,
Rear tires and drive shaft are both good bets. I would look at one more suspect, Spark plug coils, which are subject to failure on our engines. There is a coil for each cylinder. If one fails, the chassis shakes :roll: like you had a tire badly out of balance. George B
Brent

Post by Brent »

I notice a slight vibration at about 70mph. I don't know the cause and can't get it fixed.
Randy Wilson

Post by Randy Wilson »

I, too, have noticed some vibration at about 70 mph. My assumption is that the rear wheel balancing is disturbed by the addition of the flexible air valve extension hoses and brackets that are added after the wheels are balanced and mounted. The significant mass of the dual rear wheels and the solid axle may absorb the out of balance component below this speed. This can be checked by removing these hoses and brackets for a trial run, but I have never taken the trouble since I usually drive under 70 mph.
whemme

Tire Vibration

Post by whemme »

Check my post under the Topic Correct Tire Pressure?????? dated Sept. 19, 2005 12:39 AM.

I had to have the tire balance man repeat the job three times before the out of balance condition was finally fixed!
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Mel Wilbur

vibration

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Hey Brent and Randy, the answer is to stay 65 and under and enjoy the scenery without the vibration.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”