rally maps and stuff that falls out the back of drawers

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Trisha

rally maps and stuff that falls out the back of drawers

Post by Trisha »

I have two oddball questions.

One...is there a way to get rally maps when a person (me) signs up so late that I am already mostly there...but I am not in a foretellable location to get snail mail....

Can we/do we have the ability to post the rally maps as pdf's or graphic files in the forums so that those of us who are simply too hard to pin down for a mail delivery can access them?

I registered for the Quartzsite and I don't even know where I'll be next week, as I am out here in Sunny (86 degrees!) El Cajon!

Second question.....
I just watched something important slip out the back of my bottom silverware drawer. Seems that underneath that drawer is the potable water tank. So this item, then, by logic, is sitting somewhere on top of that water tank....

Can the drawers be removed so one can stick their hand back and fish the thing out or??? Ideas for retrieval?

We do have weird issues sometimes.

Trish
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

I can only comment on the drawers. Yes, they can be easily removed. If you pull out the drawer and feel along the track (on the drawer) you will encounter a plastic lever (somewhat like a toggle switch). Flip this lever (there is one on both sides of the drawer) and continue to pull the drawer towards you. With the drawer (s) out you should be able to "fish" for lost items.
Jim
whemme

Rally Map Posting on the Forum

Post by whemme »

Trisha,

This forum has been upgraded so that you can attach a graphic or photo as long as it is is in a .jpg, .gif, or .pdf file format. When you login to make a posting, below the bottom of the block where you enter your text for the post, you will see the words Add and Attachment in a blue horizontal band. Below that is a block with the words 'Add Attachment' in it. Click on that block and you can Browse to find the filename of the attachment you want to add to your post. It would make it easier to browse and find the attachment if you would first transfer that attachment to you computer desktop - makes it easier to browse and locate it there.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
CHARLOTTE

Pictures

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Bill...Trying to follow your instructions to post a picture of my BF...Not having much luck...
Attachments
BF Valley of Fire (Small).jpg
BF Valley of Fire (Small).jpg (57.82 KiB) Viewed 7720 times
CHARLOTTE

Picture

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Bill...even though I reduced the size to small on my desktop, it still came in pretty big...Is there some way you or Mary can reduce this and make it my avatar???I'm pretty good on a computer, but I sure have trouble with my photos and avatars. Any help or suggestions would sure be appreciated.......
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

By the way....Isn't she beautiful?? I was thinking about naming her Lexus as it was either buy a new Lexus or buy her....obviously I chose her. Can't believe I was so smart back then.... :wink:
knitheaven

picture

Post by knitheaven »

Charlotte, she is beautiful! What a great picture!

You are probably having trouble with the avatar because you have to resize the picture to fit. If you look in your profile you will see the requirements, at the end under "Avatar control panel." You will see there that it can be no larger than 6KB and your file size says 57.82KB.

Good luck!
Dianne
whemme

Picture Posting

Post by whemme »

Charlotte,

Well, it looks like you got the picture posting procedure figured out! Concerning putting an avatar in your profile, I have not got that procdure figured out myself yet. Note the broken picture icon in my profile - that is the result of my many attempts to place a small photo (avatar) there. The FAQs state that the photo file size can not exceed 6KB nor can the width and height of the photo exceed 80 pixels each. I have used PhotoDeluxe to reduce 3 different photos to this size and tried to enter each one of the 3 (one at a time) as an avatar in my profile with no success yet.

There is a separate avatar topic posting on this forum you may want to look at for info from others dealing with this subject.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”