Some camper changes

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jjmcd

Some camper changes

Post by jjmcd »

We own a 2004 24' BF with rear bath. T improve the mattress setup we purchased some 2" viscoelastic medium density material (i.e.memory pad) and cut the mattress to match the upper sleeping area.My wife then made a fabric cover for it.This, coupled with the trava-sack, made a very comfortable setup.To eliminate the ladder setup, I constructed a stepstool 24" high with one step.The plans were taken from Family Handyman magazine, Nov.'03,p.22with some minor adjustments. It fits nicely under the table while traveling and also acts as a storage place for toaster with box on first step and HP PSC 1510 all-in-one printer and laptop beneath that step.My wife is an avid quilter so I made a collapsible tabletop for temporary use. A 2' x 2' piece of 1/2" hardwood plywood (obtained from Lowe's & I used birch) cut in two, then fastened together with two 11 3/4" piano hinges. A 1/4 hole drilled through center of tabletop and top shelf of stool allows it to be positioned and fastened with bolt/large wingnut combo.Rockler woodworking (www.rockler.com) carries wingnuts & ergostyle knobs that could be used.The table folds nicely and is stored behind the chair next to table when not in use. Stain and polyurethane for the finish .
I used cherry wood as I happened to have some available and it matched our "Casual Eloquence" decor.It would have been much easier to use 3/4 inch birch plywood , avoid the bisquit joinery,planeing, etc.As the saying goes, if our foresight was as good as our hindsight, we'd be a damn sight better off. Joe & Janet

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”