Screen door rattle

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

sonomaellen

Screen door rattle

Post by sonomaellen »

Our new 22 BFT has been great so far but the screen door rattle while we're travelling has been driving me a little batty. I tried putting a rag between the door and the frame and that helped a little, but not much. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you dealt with it?
Ellen and Ron
2007 24RB
Trisha

I did

Post by Trisha »

I found 2 things.

1, I put a strip of that cheap foam insualtor (that you use for doors to keep the cold air out) that is like $2 for a roll....and has 2 sided tape on it. I put an edge of that around the outside edge of the screen.

That worked *most * of the time. The way to fix it the rest of the time, I have to "smartly* close (slam?) the door and it is solidly closed ther are no rattles of any kind.

Don't know if it should be that way, but since it works for me, I will keep it up, unless otherwise informed that there's soemthing wrong.

This cheap and quick fix worked for me.

Trish
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

No screen door rattle, but shortly after we purchased our 2004BFT, our rear door begin to rattle. Very noticeable, very irritating. After consulting with Born Free(who tried to help) and three RV repair shops, a helpful hint from another Leap'n Lion solved our problem. A wrap around the door post with electrical tape terminated the rattle. If yours is definitely from the screen door, then this is of no value. But, should the rattle be actually from the rear door itself, you might give it a try. A single wrap should do it. :)
Dave&JanPotter

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

I can attest to Steve W's solution for a main door squeak. It worked for me when all else failed. As for the rattle of the screen door, it should be held in place by the screen door latch itself. I had to play with the latch adjustment to get it to pick up the door and release correctly but was able to make the adjustment and keep the screen door firmly against the main door. Worked for me, hope it helps you.
sonomaellen

Thanks!

Post by sonomaellen »

Upon further investigation, it appears as if there's some flex and the rubber bumpers (top and bottom) are hitting the door. We'll try the insulation trick there and see how it goes!
Ellen and Ron
2007 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”