another buggy topic

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jobrien

another buggy topic

Post by jobrien »

Now that we have discussed the tick situation, let's talk about stink bugs :evil:

Got my BF from the storage place today and found stink bugs inside. There were probably 15-20 caught up in the Fantastic fan, between the outside cover and the screen. Mostly dead, but there may have been a live one. How did they get there? The lid was closed tight, but there must be someway in.

Also had them in the folds of the curtains (thee ones behind the driver and passenger seats, and the one at the foot of the bed and they were alive. Also found one or two in some of the cabinets.

We take all the clothes, paper goods and liquid items out in the fall, but we did leave some towels and sheets in the cabinets and one under a bed pillow. Don't know if they survived the winter in there or if they moved in when it got warmer. By the number of dead ones in the fan, I think they had to be there a while.

So, everything came out of every cabinet, the cabinets were washed and all the stuff was bought in the house, washed and dried. I'm putting all the camping supplies, paper goods, etc. out today.

How did these suckers get in and how do I keep them out? Any places I should be checking to see if they are sealed? The vent lid was down tight, all the windows and doors are locked.

Any thoughts???

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”