Moving the Range Hood

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Steve W

Range Hood

Post by Steve W »

After reading all the coments(including one of my own), one cannot help but wonder if the problem might not be resolved by Born Free simply switching burner positions. Large burner to front, small to rear. And just maybe, Born Free might be able to move the hood back just in inch. :twisted:
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

That would work for the 2 burner stovetops maybe. I have the 3-burner stove (larger square.) That said, because I bought the 26' RB, I also have the same space again in counter space. So I have more than twice what those pics showed. I think the picture on the BF main website, the pics of the 26' RB show the galley well enough to show the counter space.

I am willing to sleep in the cab over to gain the counter space. That's what I told them when I bought it.

Some RV'ers do not cook much, but some of us rarely eat out. I have an extremely sensitive intestinal system, and I know what I can and cannot eat....and I can't get control like that in a restaurant. I nearly always have negative reactions to restaurant food. Therefore, kitchens/galley space is not a trivial matter. It's not even a matter of "liking" to cook. What it is, is I like to feel good enough to do other things, and that means cooking more than eating out.

I do hope they monitor this forum and that they take these things to heart. People RV for all kinds of reasons. My sister does because food allergies make any other kind of travel untenable. I don't know if I'm *that* sensitive, but some of us do this because it is better for our health.

So here's my list for a good rig:

1. Usable kitchen for cooking meals from scratch. (I wish I had a larger microwave/convection oven). Then I'd be set in that area. Oh, and the water tanks take up a lot of usable space, but I can accommodate that.

2. A shower I can use. I do not want or need anyone else's toenail fungus or athlete's foot. Been there done that when I used to swim. Thanks but no thanks. They're all hard to cure. I want my own shower. I like the one in my 26' RB. The shower in the 32' rig is actually smaller and I don't like it as much as this one. I like those really elongated ones in rigs like the Beaver. yeah, right. I will get over it.

One thing I could speak up for is higher water pressure. The 2 gpm is a bit spare for a shower. However, this would necessitate larger tanks and larger water heater. Hmmm.....

3. I *wish* I could get all these things in a rig with a bed like the one in the rear queen 32'.

Plus I would want to keep my wardrobe closet, basically all the closet space I have now.

Does that mean I need one of those 40' rigs?

<grin>

Trish
Mike Jean Bandfield

Counter Shelf/Rack

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

Jean got this one at Fred Meyer - which doesn't help those outside the Northwest. I'm sure you can find one that works as well or better.

Mike
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Wayne and Suzan Berry

Counterspace

Post by Wayne and Suzan Berry »

Linda,

Really sympathise with your counterspace dilemma. This was a major issue for us when we purchased our 24ft Bornfree last year and a significant factor in us selecting the rear bath model. This provided maximum counter length. We then requested Bornfree to fit a "Flush" glass cooktop unit as produced by Dometic in Europe, however Bornfree could not access this unit, so we purchased one in Australia and brought it to the U.S. We had Bornfree furnish the coach without a cooktop and plan to fit this unit later, though our experience to date has indicated that we would in many respects forego the cooktop entirely just to maximise that all important counterspace. Actually we have rigged up an outside gas supply to utilise the cooktop on the rare occasions we need same. Not sure if you could revamp your countertop along these lines. It is surely nice to be able to accommodate out toaster, food processor, and kettles on the countertop and still have lots of workspace. Have attached a photograph of the end result.
Attachments
Photo of modified countertop space.
Photo of modified countertop space.
DSC00708.JPG (136.01 KiB) Viewed 3223 times

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”