JACK antenna

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

lafons

JACK antenna

Post by lafons »

Has anyone replaced their antenna with a JACK brand .? I only use local Stations. Any report Info would be helpfull.
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
Steve

Post by Steve »

I don't see how it would be an improvement over the Sensar 3(amplified) bat wing antenna. All antennas are both analog and digital so part of it sounds like advertising hype.
http://www.adventurerv.net/king-control ... 27196.html

Steve
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

I changed out the JACK antenna on a previous coach. I found that it did make an improvement, especially for the UHF frequency channels. I bought the version that physically attaches to the existing riser brackets of the Sensar antenna. It was a quick 10 minutes switch out. I'd switch it out again.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
Jim Hofmann

Jack Antenna

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Steve;
The September issue of Motor Home Magazine has an indepth article on how they installed a "Jack" as a replacement antenna and its performance.

Jim
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

I would like to install the Jack Antenna on my existing Wineguard Stalk or Stand, according to Jalan, sounds like a easy install, however, on my 2008 BFT, I have a King Dome Satellite on one side of the existing antenna and a hand rail on the other side. This hand rail is what prevented me from installing the Wineguard Wingman. If I had, with the antenna laid down the Wingman would have hit the hand rail. Will have measure to see if I have clearance for the Jack. Anybody witha simliar setup that installed the Jack on the Stalk without encountering a clearance issue?
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I installed my Winegard so that it lays down to the side instead of to the rear. I had to cut off 8" from the arms so that the antenna doesn't stick out over the side when cranked down. I've put on about 4,000 miles since installing it with no ill effects. For units already installed it would mean unscrewing the mounting plate and rotating 90 degrees.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
mike&linda

How about some Photos

Post by mike&linda »

Can anyone post a photo of the Jack installation on the Winegard arms?
1990 26' RSB Diesel
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

Here's a photo from the KING website:

Their website:

http://www.kingcontrols.com/jack/jack_r ... t_head.asp
Tom
2005 24' RB
New Hope, MN
lafons

Jack

Post by lafons »

One concern for me is the antenna will not be level if I install it in the existing hole.it is on the sloped part of the roof. Not sure about the preformace if unlevel and the wind resistance . :?: :?:
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

Steve, why wouldn't you install on the existing stalk, get the benefit of the elevation, plus eliminate the slope.
lafons

Post by lafons »

Because I still have/use the org. Rabbit ears. How old fashion is that. But with them I don't get much tv to watch.I talked to king dome and they advise it does need to be close to level. They also do not yet make any plates to help level.They say no more than 3 dregrees slope. Does anyone know what that would be in rise in/over ft.?
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

Steve,

It works out to 5/8 inch per foot.
Tom
2005 24' RB
New Hope, MN
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

Ordered one today. Kim says they are installing on all 2012's. Hoping I can get it to work on my BFT C/O, thinking it will lay down and rest between A/C and Kingdome on one side and the Passenger side hand rail on the other. Laid a level on the existing Batwing Antenna wings and in the extended position seeing a 7 Degree slope to the upside. Mentioned that to Kingdom, and while the prefer as level as possible, thought it would still work, maybe not as many channels but if I get only one that is usually more than with the Batwing.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Here's a couple of URL's that might help you with your reception or give you an idea of how your reception will be.
Steve

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Welcome.aspx

http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=75
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

Steve, I guess I don't understand what you are trying to tell me. Not really interested in TV reception at home, it's when we are traveling that I find the OEM Wine guard reception essentially nonexistent. Others have said the are satisfied but we have always been frustrated. Hoping the Jack is the answer and for $50 dollars won't be out much. Kingdome even said if I'm not satisfied I can return.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”