Southwest Region Reps

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Southwest Region Reps

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I just received a letter from Jeff & Linda Jahraus, who represent our part of the country as Vice President of the Southwest Region for BF leap'n Lions club. They have hosted our Rallies for almost 3 years and have now decided to step down. I cannot say how disappointing this is for me personally. After getting my BF and bringing it home from Okla. and of course joining our club, Jeff & Linda were always there to answer my questions (RVing with a class C and being a solo RVer was all brand new to me), no matter how trivial or complicated some of my questions were. They convinced me to go to the Durango Rally that they sponsored which was a pretty long trip for me...I went and was absolutely stunned by their greeting and their obvious interest in making me feel welcome...The extent of preparation, hard work and comittment they exercised to make sure the Rally was an absolute success...was beyond belief. It was a wonderful experience and really made a difference to me in my outlook of traveling and being a part of this club and owning a BF. Though I am deeply disappointed that they are 'retiring' from the position, I readily understand...they simply worked so hard and now deserve to pass the responsibility on...
So I want to take this moment to say a heartfelt thank you...for everything. You two are truly terrific people and I am sincerely grateful for all your help & caring in the past...and I am so glad that I got to 'go' along on the ride for some of the Rally's you put together... Safe roads & God Bless...
bill crommett

Jeff & Linda

Post by bill crommett »

I can sympathize with Jeff and Linda for wanting to pass the good timees on to other hands, but after the Durango and the Quartzite rallys which we enjoyed so much, It will be a hard act to follow. The individual attention that Jeff and Linda gave to Lois' dietary restrictions were above and beyond and greatly appreciated. This atttention was the only reason that I could get Lois to agree to attend another rally, and we were not dissapointed.
Thanks, Jeff and Linda. You will be fondly remembered.
Bill and Lois
( I didn't mean to have that last statement sound like an epitaph)
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Hi Bill...really enjoyed speaking with you at Quartszite...other than the weather (cold) and the wind (strong)...I too, felt the Rally was a great success. Course can't imagine why Jeff & Linda didn't 'order' warmth & soft breezes...they seem to work 'miracles' when they put a Rally on anyway....and I agree...it's gonna be a tough act to follow...indeed...
Trisha

sorry to see them go

Post by Trisha »

I had a wonderful time at Quartzite and Jeff and Linda get kudos from me for being such gracious hosts, even if one (me?) does pull in late at night and makes them stand with the door open on the steps in the cold...:)

As for breezes and cold, it's wonderfully warm here (Corpus Christi TX) where we are averaging 85-90 degrees. But way windy here yesterday, gale force winds for a while, and the rig (everyone's) were rocking pretty good. I think it was up to 50 mph. No danger but I'm glad I was stationary.

Gotta run,; by for now.

PatTrish
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

sorry to hear that Jeff and Linda will be steping down -- who will be taking their place? -- Bob Newby
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Bob; As I understand it, they are asking for volunteers who might have an interest in carrying out the duties. Are you interested? You would make a great rep.
Jim
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Jim -- I am not looking for a job -- I am willing to do what is needed to have an active club in the West -- I would like to see several rallies each year in the West -- why don't you take the job? -- Bob

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”