New design decals being considered for new Born Free coaches

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Longld

Fill the Lion's Belly

Post by Longld »

Anyone notice that the gas filler door is in the 'belly of the lion'? Design is growing on me everytime I see it. Observation - if you passed one on the other side of an interstate highway - you would know it was a BF. That would make it distinctive......

As someone who had to fix multiple decals on my 38' Doubletree fifth wheel - less is better - especially in the Arizona Sun!
Lee & Mary Long, 2005 RSB 26 V10 GAS
Phoenix, Arizona
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

It is just not for me. It looks like a coach for hire. There's just nothing about that that would make me proud to drive one or own one. As owners, we already have one of the best designed coaches in the market and one of the most quality constructed coaches in the market. We also have one of the best companies to deal with. But as I grow old with Born Free and trade coaches I also want to be able to walk out to my coach, look at it and always say wow, that is stunning. This is not even close to that feeling for me. I think the last thing that they want to do is put owners in a position to have to think and say "yeah but." Yeah, it doesn't look the best but is made well or but it has great interior design or but they are great to work with.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

Lorna, thanks for the new picture. In this one I can see the blue and gray and I like it much better than the stark black on white which I'd perceived it as. In fact I had thought of suggesting the lion's lines be done in brown and tan but I think I like the blue and gray better.

Mike
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

The design discussion has set me to thinking about how Dodgen came to use the Born Free name and lion logo. I've started a new thread with my questions.
Last edited by Dallas Baillio on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Agree with Charlotte, we still really don't like the design. It would be hard to get past in a purchase decision for us.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

My humble opinion, but I like the decals shown on the Wolfe's coach in this thread, and see no reason for any change:

http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... 6603#16603

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
bbwolf

Post by bbwolf »

Our vote is no on the new design as well. Unfortunately it does not leave the impression of the high quality of your product. Thanks for asking for feedback before making any permanent changes in the decal.
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
pajahoffy

new logo

Post by pajahoffy »

I like the way Born Free looks....to me it has always stood out.... Many other RV's have way way to much "stuff" on them, but the new logo really does not appeal to me...that is my opinion.... I have wanted a Born Free RV for well over 10 years... now we finally have one... It says Born Free on it and the lion is small but very powerful..... ;-0)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”