New design decals being considered for new Born Free coaches

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

DBrown

Post by DBrown »

This must be a joke.
You can't be serious.
Hawkeye111

Not in favor!

Post by Hawkeye111 »

My first inclination was "Not too bad". Then I looked the second time and went outside and looked at my 2011 24"RB and tried to see the Lion on the side of it and I definitely vote no.
Jay
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

"We've worked up some new decals for our Born Frees and we'd like to get the input of the Leap'n Lions! These are just prototypes, so they're not set in stone. We're waiting to get input from our customers and the public in general before we actually start ordering them."

"The attached letter shows some pictures of the new striping installed on a coach. The public won't get to see this until Monday night or Tuesday morning, and we want to give the Leap'n Lions a sneak preview!"

I looks to me as though you already have your answer(s) and it may be a good idea to rethink about a new design. I for one am very happy with the current designs. Born Free has always been a class act but this design does not follow up on that reputation. My suggestion would be NOT to go public with this.
Last edited by Mel Wilbur on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mel & Connie
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

If the only choices on a new Born Free were this set of decals or plain white, it would plain white for both of us, even if it looks like a Good Humor truck!
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

WOW --- It sure looks to me that the request for comments is getting a unanimous negative VOTE -- I wonder if the BF Factory will consider our comments and change the design BEFORE the FMCA Convention.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I don't even like the colors of the stripes on my 2006.

Would much prefer subtle earth tone colors.

The full body paint jobs are even worse when it comes to color schemes.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Assuming they are serious, it looks like a serious mistake, to me. The appearance is that of a commercial delivery truck. IMHO, the very best BF graphics were the old minimalist stripes. Mine aren't too bad [see below]. ALL decals will degrade with time and sun, so the fewer and smaller the better.

Ron & Bobbie

Post by Ron & Bobbie »

We are currently at the Berkshire Rally. There are 17 BFs here. No one likes the new decals. Smaller is better.
stevek

Post by stevek »

Thumbs down from me.
Put that graphic out of its misery.. :D
I like the present graphics... just my 2 cents.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
William Higbie

Post by William Higbie »

Is that a picture of a rental coach. It looks horrible, gaudy with no class. Long term all those decals start to fade and peel. A first class coach shouldnt be covered with junk. I wouldnt buy anything that looked like that.

Just my opinion
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

2 more definite no, seriously no votes from us! We would not buy this coach. We already suffer from "born free" songs from our non-rv family. We are a conservative bunch of folks, don't want gawkers.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
bookie71

Post by bookie71 »

I think the new design "sucks" I think smaller stands out better and reflects the value better.
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

It's a big No from me too.....looks really 'cheap'.............
Dan Gilmore

Post by Dan Gilmore »

l have a 2013 BF on order now. The new decal design is pathetic. I do not want my new coach to bear this new abomination. Please do not proceed with this bad decal.

Dan Gilmore
TheBizMan

Post by TheBizMan »

I'm thinking of buying a new BF but if that is what it will look like I'm going else where.
Lee-TheBizMan
2005 BFT - named "Tilly"
2012 Scion xD "Toad"

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”