ferry travel advisor?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Judy Harris

ferry travel advisor?

Post by Judy Harris »

As a part of our trip to Alaska this spring, we have scheduled a trip on a BC ferry from Port Hardy, BC to Prince Rupert, BC. Reading our local paper 10 days ago I noted with astonishment and alarm that the southbound ferry on this route hit a rock in 45 mile an hour winds after midnight and sank! All passengers and crew were rescued. However, the vehicles on board are 1400 feet below the surface on the ocean floor. I checked with Progressive and our insurance on the BF would not cover this loss. The policy language is inconclusive, which means they win. I am checking with the ferry carrier to see what coverage they have. It is something to think about, which we hadn't, not to mention the fact that we travel with 2 dogs. Are they rescuable? I will let you all know what I find out. But, it is something to think about when traveling by ferry. I know that we will have a ferry emergency bag with important papers, etc. from now on. And, depending on what we find out about takind dogs, we may skip ferries all together.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”