Grey Water Tank/Drain problem! Urgent!

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Filling with clean water then draining (rinsing) the tanks has restored both sensors to their proper readings. I'll have to be more diligent about that after each use.
Judy Harris

Post by Judy Harris »

Trish, we follow Mike's advice with our RSB and ignore the monitors and judge by what is in the fresh water tank (we never hook up to the city water - thank you, Mike, best advice we ever had). It would be harder with the rear bath but you could still sort of figure it out. We have developed sort of a "feeling" about the whole thing. Glad you liked the Alaska caravan. We loved our solo trip this late spring and surprisingly, some of our most memorable times were in the very, very vast Yukon, such as the giant mosquitoes, the carved mask we bought in Teslin, YT directly from the artisan and the beautiful family we met at a rest stop in the YT who were inspecting the memorial bridge that Daddy had helped to build. This father and his five absolutely gorgeous blonde and barefoot children had come across the road to look at the bridge (which was in the Milepost) at the time we were there. He is a logger in the winter and sawer or whatever the term is in the summer. He wanted to know if we were doing anything in the Yukon other than just passing through. We felt bad because we were just trying to get home at that point. He had been to the States once five years ago with his wife and then 3 children on a 10 day trip in a pick-up truck to Florida for a Christian conference. None of the comforts of a BF! If you wondered about all of the "junk" in the yards in BC, the Yukon and Alaska, for that matter, as we did, we have it on good authority that you never throw anything away in the north country because someone might need a part that could be salvaged from the old stuff sitting in your yard. Makes sense, just takes getting used to. We also learned that many people in Alaska don't have running water in their homes and have big tanks on pick up trucks that they fill up from 24/7 water stations. Did you also know learn that Alaska residents get all the salmon they can catch and one road kill moose a year? Okay, I will stop. We will go back frequently because we have a grandson in Fairbanks. Did anyone lose a windshield? We did, just outside of Ft Nelson on the way home. I am happy to camping without gravel for a while!! Travel safely.

Judy Harris
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Funny! Yes, Alaska and Yukon and BC and Alberta were great!

I imagine that parts are so hard to get quickly that you dont' want to toss anything that has parts. I didn't think it was too odd...I've lived in rural areas before and we always had neighbors with STUFF in the yard. We had a fair amount o fstuff in our own yard.

I have a really hard time throwing useful stuff away when you could rob things for parts...was married to an appliance repairman and we even had a 'replacement' cord on an old toaster! What ever happened to being frugal?

Yes, it's very hard in perma-frost areas to get good, potable water. It can't drain from anywhere or to anywhere. Water was icky at times. We didn't put water from some places in our tank... they explained how they had to pump sewers and truck the waste out because you can't have a drain field on permafrost, and water gets trapped under it, and the water on top of it is brackish.

Good water comes from the glacial rivers.

yes, I'd go back to Alaska in a heartbeat. Especially if I could find a job there. I was nearly begged to take a dishwashing job in Johnson's Crossing for $10 hr to start... no takers. They can't give away jobs for $10 hr because nobody wants to live there.

I loved the yukon. Central alaska, near Fairbanks...so much I missed there. The ice carving museum (we do that here in Feb during our Winter Carnival at a city park...it's awesome) and many other things I just didn't have time to see...I missed a few activities trying to arrange for my refrig coils to be trucked to Anchorage.

Do tell more. You can private message me on here if you don't want to clog the technical forum.

Trish

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”