Lazydays RV Email

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

If a club member has given Lazydays their e-mail address, as Laker did, fine. However, we never gave them our e-mail address, so they should not be sending us unsolicited e-mails. As someone has suggested, we unsubscribed, but we should not have needed to do so.

We can think of only two ways that Lazydays got our e-mail address:
- Someone from their organization joined this list and has access to our e-mail addresses that way.
- Born Free has given them our e-mail addresses, perhaps because they are now a Born Free dealer.

We are not particularly happy about either of these scenarios. In the first scenario, Lazydays is being a little underhanded. In the second, we are disappointed in Born Free management for doing that without our permission.
Last edited by shilohdad on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Received my 3rd unsolicited email from Lazydays RV today. :x

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Although he was not a club member, Shakespear knew what he was talking about, "much ado about nothing" sums it up for me.

I think it was a great move for Born Free to join forces with Lazy Days by making them a factory direct dealer. This gives BF the presence needed to make their product available to the RV community, something that should generate sales, which in turn benefit us all with improvements of the product. I for one will welcome any email I receive from Lazy Days the same way I would from the folks in Humboldt, IA. For those feeling differently, just hit the delete key.
Mel & Connie
whemme

Post by whemme »

shilohdad wrote:If a club member has given Lazydays their e-mail address, as Laker did, fine. However, we never gave them our e-mail address, so they should not be sending us unsolicited e-mails. As someone has suggested, we unsubscribed, but we should not have needed to do so.

We can think of only two ways that Lazydays got our e-mail address:
- Someone from their organization joined this list and has access to our e-mail addresses that way.
- Born Free has given them our e-mail addresses, perhaps because they are now a Born Free dealer.

We are not particularly happy about either of these scenarios. In the first scenario, Lazydays is being a little underhanded. In the second, we are disappointed in Born Free management for doing that without our permission.
Dodgen Industries (the owner of Born Free Motorcoaches) is in fact a member of our Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club and therefore has access to our posted Membership Roster info via the special club member only password - the same as any other club member would have.

I agree with Mel, I think this is really a non-issue of any importance. In fact, I just received a 3rd Lazydays RV email which allows anyone not wanting to receive their emails to opt out. I would recommend anyone offended by their emails to do just that.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

I own my own Internet domain, so I have an infinite number of available email addresses. They all are of the form something@mydomain.com (mydomain.com is not really it - just for illustration purposes).

I can literally make up anything that I want to for the something ahead of the @ sign. It all gets forwarded to my real email address which I keep secret. So my email address is different for every company that I deal with. I have directv@, ford@, lowes@, bornfree@, etc., etc., etc., I have probably given out 1000's of email addresses. If I have a problem with spam from a certain source I simply go in and block that particular email address and give the valid merchant a different one.

My point in bringing this up is that I also received the Lazydaze emails. The address they sent it to was NOT an email that I used on these forums nor gave Born Free when I purchased the coach.

The email appears to have been sent to a list that come from the Affinity Group of companies.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
bookie71

Post by bookie71 »

I got two. One was in the spam filter. I don't mind, especially since CA is much easier for me to get to.
charlesbell

Lazy days RV email

Post by charlesbell »

If Lazydays is the worst email you receive.... Geeez.
Charles / Cape Canaveral, Florida 2013 23FL
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

Well, I feel left out. We haven't received anything. So I would assume that that means that the club list was not used. Sue
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

I looked into the Affinity Group of companies mentioned in jalan's post. A Google search turned up evidence that the Affinity Group of companies includes the Good Sam Club. Since we are members of Good Sam, I am assuming that they gave Lazydays our e-mail address.

From Wikipedia: Good Sam Enterprises (formerly Affinity Group or AGI) is a provider of membership clubs...

From rvdailyreport.com: May 4, 2011 – (May 4, 2011) -- Affinity Group, Inc., officially became Good Sam Enterprises...
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

David and Susan,

Just look back at that the post by bcope01 on January 06. The two photos that he copied into his post are the two emails received from Lazydays by several of us.
Last edited by whemme on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I unsubscribed last night. I don't need anymore spam.

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

Not to quibble, but it isn't "spam." Spam infers it is illegal. What is more than likely the case, we all joined a service, signed up for and checked that little "I agree" box without actually reading the pages of fine print. In that fine print we likely agreed to allow them to share our contact information with "carefully selected marketing partners."

No way do I believe that they did this illegally.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

From Wikipedia:
Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages, especially advertising, indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media.
Nothing about it being illegal.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I have no idea what you are talking agout Jalan.

From Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Definition of SPAM: unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

SPAM, call it what you will but my definition of SPAM is a can of mysterious ingredients that my mom would make quite tasty by adding a really good tasting sauce and serving it with mashed potatoes and veggies. OK, I know that makes me older than dirt, but that's life.

As for this forum topic, does it really matter anyway. Those that find them annoying can unsubscribe and those of us that find them interesting can accept them. We can then concentrate on the important issues of enjoying our chosen motorhome lifestyle.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”