Lazydays RV Email

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Jalan wrote:al1florida, that definitely could be true also. I actually received two emails from LD, one about Born Free and one not.

I think the way CAN-SPAM works from memory is once you establish a busines relationship with someone and volunteer your email address to them you have to opt-out for them not to use it. You don't opt-in. You are opted-in by default. It is sort of like the telemarketing laws don't apply to people that you have a business relationship with, even if you ask them not to call. They have the legal right to call you.

Now, most Internet-savvy companies have both a privacy policy and T&C that is proactive about this. If this did come with Born Free, in my opinion we simply have a case of a small Iowa company that isn't real Internet-savvy that simply doesn't know the details of CAN-SPAM and who thought they were doing something that was in the best internet of their customer base. It bothers me exactly 0%, even if it did come from them, which I have no reason to know that it did.

Most people don't read every word of their mortgage loan let alone the websites they sign up for stuff on all the time. Sad, but it's reality.
Born Free could indeed not be internet savvy. That doesn't mean they can't learn.

I wouldn't have an issue if the Born Free Company wanted to send me announcements of new products or other info about Born Free.

If Born Free did supply Lazy Days with our email address that is different. I don't think they should be providing our email addresses to companies out side their ownership and control.

As I said before, I look at Lazy Days as I would a RV dealer down the street. If I want to do business with them then I will contact them directly.

To the best of my knowledge Winnebago, Road Trek, Tiffin Motorhomes and other manufacturers DON'T give the email addresses of owners of their products to RV Sales companies who sell their product.
bfadmin
Site Admin

Post by bfadmin »

The website administrator has decided that this thread has run its course. Those posting on this forum should move on to more important topics. Therefore this thread has been locked to any further replies.
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”