interior dimensions of PVC sewer hose pipe under a Born Free

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jeffcarp

interior dimensions of PVC sewer hose pipe under a Born Free

Post by jeffcarp »

Does anyone happen to know offhand what the interior clearance dimension is of the PVC sewer hose pipe underneath a newer model coach? I am looking to replace my sewer hose with a solution that I found on clearance that has the fittings pre attached. I know I am fine on the length but I'm not sure about the pre attached fittings and whether the pipe has the diameter for it. The outside dimensions of the fittings appears to be 4.5 inches. My coach is about 20 miles from here in storage so I was just curious if anyone knew this off hand.

I suppose I could always just remove the pipe that is there an install a new 5 inch PVC pipe? I would assume that Born Free attached that existing PVC pipe to some kind a hangers that I could simply unscrew the pipe from and screw a new pipe to it?

Thank you in advance for any advice anyone has.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

I can't speak to newer coaches, but on my 2005 the PVC is glued together. I believe it is normal for most PVC connections to be glued, not screwed together.
Dude

Post by Dude »

I believe the pipe that looks like PVC under an RV but is black is actually something different...CRS I think but I am not positive. I have seen the pipe and fittings in Home Depot, same aisle as the PVC stuff. I was told it uses different glue. I have a minor leak I need to take care of some day, but not until it turns major :D

That being said, I would bet you could cut it and glue on a fitting that has threads so you could screw on whatever you are working on. What kind of hose contraption are you working on? Pictures would be awesome.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

Sorry for not explaining myself very well. Regarding screws, I was referring to the method by which Born Free attaches the PVC pipe to the underside of the coach, not how any pipe sections or fittings are attached.

I was assuming that the PVC pipe was attached to some sort of hanger using screws and wondering, even if the existing pipe was too small of a diameter for a 4.5" sewer hose fitting end, could I simply unscrew the too-small-pipe from the hanger and install a 5" PVC pipe instead.

Not sure I will resolve this in my head without going up to my storage location and looking at it.
Dude

Post by Dude »

I am sure you can fabricate a hanger to accomodate a 5 inch pipe if you wanted. It does sound like you will need to study what is under your coach to see what will work best.
Matt
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Keep in mind the fitting on the end of the sewer drain pipe is a standard size used by every RV I am aware of. Any bayonet sewer hose or connector you would buy in a RV supply place will fit.

You can buy an adapter with the bayonet connector on one end and a slip on on the other. That way you can use a slip on hose instead of the bayonet.

I am not clear on what you are trying to do. Giving us much more detail would help us give better advice.
stevek

Post by stevek »

Can you show us a picture of what you want to install?
Or give us a link to whatever you purchased.
As you know, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

Thanks everyone. I am just looking to buy the Camco 39625 Revolution sewer hose with preattached fittings to replace the cheaper hose that without preattached fittings that came with the BF. But I want to store it in the PVC pipe under the coach rather than taking up space in a plastic bin in one of my storage compartments.

I am simply trying to figure out if the preattached fittings will fit inside the PVC pipe.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I understand now.

You can totally do that. You are basically going to make a short Plumbers tube and attach it under your coach. I would suggest going with the really large PVC pipe, 6" or 8". You may have to go to a real plumbing supply store to get it, not Home Depot. A friend made a pair that were 6' long for the roof of his van and it cost him $50. Depending on where you want to put it under your RV depends on how you attach it.

Good idea!!
Matt
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

And the newer BF coaches already include that PVC pipe installed from the factory. So I was just asking if anyone new if the inside diameter of that pipe was greater than 4.5" or not.
Hike

Post by Hike »

I have a hose similar to the one you are looking at and it fits into the factory installed sewer hose pipe just fine. The elbow piece does not fit but the ends attached to the hose fit.
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

Thank you very much for doing that. I appreciate it
ewagman

Post by ewagman »

Sam Ryan wrote:

I tried in vain to upload the pic I described above to this site, but the site would not permit the larger sized photo to load, and I was unable to trim it, so there's my dilemma posting pics on this website. I have no trouble at all on many other forums.
FREE download, I have used it for years, works well automatically shrinking a picture to an acceptable size for this forum, and can be set to be totally automatic for all your emailed pictures. Settings allow different or custom sizes and formats. For the rare occasion when you want to send a large pic, it can easily be turned off.

http://www.onthegosoft.com/sp_download.htm

Don't know if it works on win 7 or newer, or your smart phone, my photo computer is good old reliable XP one.
Ed & Beth
2003 Born Free 26' RSB: SOLD March 2016
replace by a house near the beach
Steve

Post by Steve »

I use a program called paint.net: http://www.getpaint.net/ it's a good free photo editing program.

Steve
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We purchased a replacement sewer hose and brought it to Europe with us last year only to find that it had little knobs that kept it from sliding into the storage pipe. We simply stored it and the old one survived the whole trip. But we plan to take a sander or something to it to remove the knobs so it will fit. It was bright orange. I have no idea what the name was and we could not figure out what purpose the knobs served.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”