Solid Surface Counter/Door Curtain

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jean & Leroy

Solid Surface Counter/Door Curtain

Post by Jean & Leroy »

Has anyone replaced the snap-on door curtain with another type. While the door curtain blacks out light, it seems a bit like overkill sometimes.

Our solid surface countertop (edged with oak) is developing a crack. The coach is under warranty so I can call the factory and get good service, I'm sure. But I wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
Steve W

snap-on door curtain

Post by Steve W »

Assuming you are referring to the window in the entry door for the coach, we also felt the snap-on door curtain was overkill. We have kept it in our BFT for just-in-case cold weather, but my wife came up with an alternative which has worked well for us. She measured the window in the door, took an old sun shade that we had used for one of our autos, cut out a piece to fit the window measurement, hemmed the sides, and using velcro sticky dots, we now have an inside cover we can attache in a moment and take down just as quickly. :D
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I might add that you can buy such a product at Camping World to fit the door window. I've done so & really like it. :)
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

It's called the solar entry door window cover and retails for $9.99.
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

Since we are not interrested in looking out the door window, we opted to permanently cover the window with a "window film" available at Home Depot and Lowe's. There are a few different designs available. It is a "do it yourself" project, but we paid a professional window tinter $20 to do the 10 minute job. The film costs about $20 for a 24" x 36" sheet.
Attachments
IMG_0087.JPG
(653.34 KiB) Downloaded 1714 times

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”