Where do you go to get an RV washed and waxed?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jdarryl

Where do you go to get an RV washed and waxed?

Post by jdarryl »

I just returned from a trip from Missouri bringing home our new to us 2001 BF. I was reading the manual and they suggest getting the vehicle waxed once a year.

Does anyone have suggestions as to where I could go and get this done? Do RV dealers have these services or Camper Stores etc?
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

This past weekend, we hired a mobile RV detailing service to wash our BF. We got the service's flyer at the RV park where we store our BF. He used a power sprayer and was able to complete the job in about 90 minutes. He charged us $50 for the wash, and overall we were pleased with the results. We plan to have him do the wax job, as well. The young business owner is a full time college student . . . he's studying business and is off to a great start already.

We usually wash the BF ourselves, which takes us all day. But I've got a nagging shoulder problem that keeps me from doing difficult physical work. Must admit, it was nice to have someone else do the job for a change.

So, I recommend that you check with RV parks in your area for info on mobile RV wash/detail services.
Barbara & Ken
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I'm in Northern California in the Bay area....If you are in this area, I will be happy to recommend a Shop that does excellent work. I had my BF done last year...buffed out and waxed (as per the product that Kim recommended) and they did a wonderful job. I have made an appt. for next mo. to have it done again just before I leave for Iowa....It is NOT a RV shop...they do customized detailing for all kinds of vehicles... :)
jdarryl

wax and wash

Post by jdarryl »

Hi Charlotte, we are currently in San Rafael. Where abouts is the detailer located and how much does it cost?

Did they do a carnuba paste wax?
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

The shop is in Santa Clara...I paid $300. My coach is a '99 and I keep it parked at my home. I had noticed that it appeared to be powdering in spots so I called Kim and explained it. He told me to use Turbo Cut Compound and Shinemaster by Wizards which I purchased separately & gave to the shop. They had to buff the entire coach and then wax it with the Shinemaster wax. It came out beautifully (they did roof & all). They had it for 2 days. To have an ordinary wax job done using carnuba paste wax would probably be a lot cheaper. Unfortunately, all my paperwork (address & phone no.) is in my BF and it's at the RV garage getting a complete and very thorough going over for my trip. But as soon as I get it back I'll be happy to provide you with the phone no. (if you wish) so you can call them & check prices. I just know they do an outstanding detailed job and I'm very satisfied. That's why I scheduled another appt. with them for just before I leave....She'll be dirty by the time I get to Iowa, but the waxing, etc. will certainly keep her protected..... :D
jdarryl

Post by jdarryl »

Thanks Charlotte! I would really appreciate the phone # etc.

Where did you purchase the turbo wax and shinemaster?
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

That information is also in my BF. I keep a 3 ring binder with all receipts, repair & maint. billings, infor. etc. in my coach. As the garage still has her & my memory is limited to my name, address & phone number (in case I get lost....it's inconvenient to get old..... :? ) I'll have to get back to you as soon as I get her back...I promise to remember that. But, you might call Kim as he's the one that told me what to use...maybe he can tell you where to get the product as I'm sure that he told me...Ohhhh....I just checked the back of the container...it gives an 800 number as follows: 1-800-356-7223...Wizards Shine Master and the other is Wizards Turbo Cut Compound...
I'll get back to you with the name & phone number for the Detailer...hope this much helps !!!!
whemme

SOURCES FOR WIZARDS PRODUCTS

Post by whemme »

Here are a couple of online sources to buy Wizards Products. The Born Free factory used to recommend, stock, and sell these products but I don't think they stock or resell them any longer. You can check with Kim at the factory but they no longer had a supply to sell approximately 1 month ago when I stopped in to buy some more.

The first website is for the Wizard Products factory and they have a link that you can click on called Order them here: http://www.wizardsproducts.com

The three products that you would most likely be interested in for the care of the outer gel coat surface of your Born Free coach would probably be the following:

A) Turbo Cut W11044 - $20.85 per 32 oz supply
B) Finish Cut W11049 - $20.85 per 32 oz supply
C) Shine Master W11033 - $16.45 per 16 oz supply

The second website where these products are also available at somewhat reduced cost relative to the factory site is: http://www.scooterleather.com/winleatprot.html

A) Turbo Cut W11044 - $18.95 per 32 oz supply
B) Finish Cut W11049 - $18.95 per 32 oz supply
C) Shine Master W11033 - $14.95 per 16 oz supply

I have used these products myself on my Born Free. The Turbo Cut should be used if you have serious oxidation and chalking of your gel coat finish. I use a 9' orbiting buffer machine to apply and work it in. Then you should use the Finish Cut to take out the swirls and somewhat relatively dull finish that will result from using the relatively coarse Turbo Cut compound. Then lastly, polish and shine it up with the Shine Master product.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
jdarryl

Post by jdarryl »

Thanks Charlotte and Bill,

Bill I haven't noticed any chalking as yet maybe I need to look closer. If there is no chalking do I still use all three products?
whemme

CHALKING?

Post by whemme »

JD,

If your coach has set outside in the sun for more than a year, you may notice some chalking and you will need to use the Turbo Cut to remove it.

If the shine is dull on your gel coat but their is no real chalking, then you probably should then use the Finish Cut followed by the Shine Master.

Alternately, if your coach still has a nice shine to it's finish, you may only have to use the Shine Master.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
jdarryl

Waxing the RV

Post by jdarryl »

Hi Charlotte, have you got your RV back yet? Wonder if you have the name and phone number of the shop that did your detailing and waxing?

How many cans of wax did it take to do the job? All I need is the the final wax not the preparation coats.

Thanks!
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Please check your PM...I just sent you all the information. Thanks for being so patient. FINALLY got my BF home this AM. Cost me much more than I had planned on but got the roof caulking replaced and a full tune-up on top of all the other things I had checked & maintainance done to including the air conditioners...So other than the waxing, she is ready for Iowa. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone there. It's gonna be a great party..... :P
jdarryl

Post by jdarryl »

sorry to be so thick Charlotte, but what is the PM you are referring to?
CHARLOTTE

PM

Post by CHARLOTTE »

JD....A PM is a Private Message....If you check your 'message' box, you'll see that you have a message...I sent it yesterday. If you can't access it, post here again & I'll just post it to this website...
BornFree_n_Now

Re: SOURCES FOR WIZARDS PRODUCTS

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

whemme wrote: The second website where these products are also available at somewhat reduced cost relative to the factory site is: http://www.scooterleather.com/winleatprot.html

A) Turbo Cut W11044     - $18.95 per 32 oz supply
B) Finish Cut W11049     - $18.95 per 32 oz supply
C) Shine Master W11033 - $14.95 per 16 oz supply
Just a heads-up on this source of product ~ Placed and Paid for an order on 06-01-06, and received a confirmation via email the same day ~~ when we had not received the product by 06-12-06, we called the Company, and asked where the product was ~~ the response was, “oh, that should ship this week ~~ stated Shipping Policy on their site is: “Most orders are shipped the next day after they are received.â€
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”