Need ideas on storage of valuables

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

stevek

Need ideas on storage of valuables

Post by stevek »

Any suggestions?
Do you have a safe? If so where? Bolted down?
Or..Hidden panels or spaces inside or outside?
Nothing big, like for cash, spare keys, misc..

If I had a safe and my BF caught fire, do you think the safe would survive the fire anyway?

Thanks.. :D
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Under the dog's bed :lol:

Safe as any other place.

John
ewagman

Post by ewagman »

Seriously, the far end of the sewer hose. In a plastic bag would be a nice touch. It's unlikely anyone would pull the hose out of the storage tube and check. Or up on the roof, taped under the refrigerator vent. Tape it very securely.
Ed & Beth
2003 Born Free 26' RSB: SOLD March 2016
replace by a house near the beach
William Higbie

Post by William Higbie »

Safe might not do any good. If they see the safe and suspect that it contains some real value, they might just steal the whole born free so they can then remove and open the safe in privacy. My suggestion is not to bring things of real value that cant be replaced. Dont worry about truck keys as you can get a set made at a Ford dealer. I keep spare keys on a separate key chain that my wife keeps. Only thing that would endanger those keys is if someone kidnaps her or she runs away from me.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Suggestions. In my BF there is heating vent that isn't a heating vent! Under the converter is an opening that has a round heating vent directional louver. It does not connect to anything except an empty space behind it. In a previous motor home I bought a fake electrical outlet. You turned the screw that like real outlets connects the cover to the outlet and a hinged small storage space could be pulled out. Another. You can find shaving cans that are fake and can be unscrewed from the bottom. Same for Campbell soup cans. I painted the inside of a mayonnaise jar with off white paint and use it for credit cards, rings, etc. at home. Lots of possibilities.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We try to carry few valuables and most of them go with us when we leave the vehicle. But the computer fits into a large Cheerios box if we are in a place where we are really concerned about safety.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
Mike Astley

Post by Mike Astley »

First off, we use a fire-proof pouch like the "cashpouch" listed here:
http://www.firepouch.com/

This will fit within the non-functional vent space mentioned earlier. This combination provides safety from both fire and theft.

You want to protect your cash, back-up credit cards, and passports when traveling, particularly if a ways south of the border.
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”