How do you clean the leather?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

GKarschnick

How do you clean the leather?

Post by GKarschnick »

We took delivery of a new 2005 Born Free last week and after arriving home discovered that one of the leather armrests was very soiled. (In fact it is black.) Is there a certain leather cleaning product you can use on the ultra leather?
tomdclark

Post by tomdclark »

I would call Born Free at their 800 number and talk to Kim in Customer Service. I think you will find him to be VERY helpful.

I had a few minor delivery issues when we got our BF last year. The problems were fixed immediately by the factory working in conjuction with the local sales office (Samara RV in Worchester, MA). Further I just got off the phone talking to him about a problem which I told him was NOT a warranty issue in my opinion and I just needed some help on how to do it. After discussing the situation, he said it sounded like there MAY be other things going on and he would ship me the parts needed free of charge under the warranty agreement.

The customer service of Born Free is the best that I have personally experienced in my 67 years of personal and and 45 years of professional (hi-tech electronics and academic) experience.
Mel Wilbur

Cleaning Ultra-leather

Post by Mel Wilbur »

In the for what it's worth department I have been using the Leather & Vinyl Cleaner from Blue Magic which does a good job of cleaning our Ultra-leather upholstery. This can be purchased at most auto part stores and probably at walmart. I'm sure there are other similiar products that should work as well on the market.
Mel & Connie
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

Thank you, I'll give it a try.
hello moto

Ultra Leather Cleaning

Post by hello moto »

We recently found out that the Ultra Leather is not leather at all but maybe you all knew that. That opens up many possibilities for cleaning. I always start with Ivory Clear dishwashing soap and that seems to work for cleaning a number of things. It is very mild, even recommended for washing antique quilts.
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

Thanks for the advice. I tried a little dishwasher detergent on a wet cloth and the ultra leather cleaned right up.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”