Dometic refer flashing LP ??

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Laker

Dometic refer flashing LP ??

Post by Laker »

Okay, another question from a first time owner "newbie". First thanks for all the great help I have received from other questions.

2008 Born Free with Dometic refrigerator. New to me, so testing all systems. The coach is plugged into my home with a SurgeGuard showing 120V. When I first turn the refer on, all looks good. After a few minutes, the LED control panel screen starts to alternate between showing 60 and LP flashing.

According to the manual, this indicates.

"Gas operation lock out. (Check gas)."

What does this mean?

I have it set on AUTO, so it should be running on AC.

I do have gas in the unit, as the burners on the stove all work fine.

Any help is appreciated.
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake
Peter Robinson

Post by Peter Robinson »

What happens if fridge is set to "AC" rather than "auto"? What happens if fridge is set to "LPG" Rather than "auto"? Is main LPG valve turned on and for long enough when stovetop was tried so that LPG line is clear of air beyond stovetop? What does LPG guage on tank and on range hood show as LPG level?
Laker

Post by Laker »

Peter Robinson wrote:What happens if fridge is set to "AC" rather than "auto"? What happens if fridge is set to "LPG" Rather than "auto"? Is main LPG valve turned on and for long enough when stovetop was tried so that LPG line is clear of air beyond stovetop? What does LPG guage on tank and on range hood show as LPG level?
I cannot get it to set to AC. I can only get the LED lights to show Auto and LP, or just LP. Main LP valve is turned on and stovetop burners run for over 7 minutes. Furnace fires up and throws out heat. LPG gauge on tank shows 1/2 full. Gauge on range hood shows LP as "Good".

When I go outside and open the refer door, I can hear the gas being used.

It now appears it is running on LP, but need to get it running on AC. Ever other electrical item is working, - TV, DVD, Exhaust fans, furnace fans.

Coach is not perfectly level, but that should no effect AC of LP choice. In "Auto" mode, it should choose most efficient method, which would be AC as it is connected to my home and the SurgeGuard constantly reads 120V

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Have you checked where the fridge is plugged into the 120v outlet to make sure there is power available there. Also is there power to the 120v outlets inside the coach.
Mel & Connie
Laker

Post by Laker »

Mel Wilbur wrote:Have you checked where the fridge is plugged into the 120v outlet to make sure there is power available there. Also is there power to the 120v outlets inside the coach.
All other 120v circuits tested okay. Due to the tight construction and the onset of darkness here, I am unable to test the 120V outlet where the fridge is plugged in. I need to test with my multimeter tomorrow.

When I first turn the fridge on, only the Auto light comes on, within less then a minute, both the Auto and LP lights come on and I can press the selector switch and get just LP. Cannot set it to AUTO only. So, it seems that the fridge is not getting AC current.

It should from the 15 AMP 120V house connection as all other outlets tested correct.

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
Laker

Post by Laker »

Sam Ryan wrote:Your LP supply is off, is what that means.
Thanks, but it was turned on. I ran the stovetop for a few minutes and the furnace. The flashing LP is no longer an issue as it is not happening.

It is now cooling under LP power, but cannot get it to go to AC power.

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”