Love our Born Free, but.......

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

My coach was older than 2 yrs. when I brought it to the factory for up-grades & changes... I cannot emphasize enough the great customer service & quality workmanship I received .... at probably one third the cost I would have had to pay here in California (which wouldn't have given me quality anything).... My experience was so completely beyond terrific that I find it hard to believe there could be complaints about service.... Maybe it's just my winning personality... :D .... All who worked on my coach were pros & did a fantastic job... Luv 'em all.... 8)
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I've previously posted my good experience with BF just two weeks ago. I did have to wait from around September 20 when I first contacted Kim Olson until November 5th to have my repairs made. It has also been my experience that Camping World has a two or three week wait if you show up on their doorstep needing service. If you are traveling like I have been the last 5 months this is the same as a rejection. I really do not like going to them for anything.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

We have not had many good experiences getting service for any major service done while traveling, especially during high season. When we owned a Roadtrek and had a few problems, virtually no Roadtrek dealers did ANYTHING for us. They all said there was a 3-5 week wait. We had much better luck with smaller shops.

For minor things (oil changes, a toilet problem), Camping World was just fine. We got in with only a few days notice. After Hurricane Sandy sent a tree onto our coach, Camping World of Kingston NY did a fine job for us. It took a few weeks, but luckily we weren't going anywhere, so that was no problem. I would say that with CW, it really depends on the location, and even then you need to ride herd on them.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Ray

Post by Ray »

William Higbie wrote:The rear bed on our 26 rsb is strictly made for midgets or people under 5' 6". As we have gotten older comfortable sleeping arrangements are becoming more important. Sleeping in the area over the cab is no longer a option I would contemplate although it was fine a few years ago. We are contemplating a class A of approximately. 30 ft. With multiple slides. We want to spend more time in the southern USA during the winter months and our born free does not hack it due to sleeping arrangements. Even born free is beginning to recognize the importance of slides.. I hear lots of arguments against slides however if you go to any rv shows or a camping world almost all of the motor homes that are class c have slides or multiple slides.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Oh well, My reply didnt work. But I am not going to retype the whole thing - but to summerize - Yes, Born Free's are made for short people - but I like my Born Free - so I am going to wear head gear and footee's in bed - LOL
shezonit

Born Free RSB

Post by shezonit »

I am 5'10" and I don't mind the length of the bed. What I dislike is how hard it is to make up that corner bed. I don't know what the stock mattresses are like, I have a replacement mattress the PO put in. It is a very comfortable Cool Max pillow top, nice and firm. The downside of firm is that it does not flex at all, so wrestling the fitted corners of the bottom sheet leaves me out of breath. I know there are Travelsacks, etc made for this problem, but I can't stand to sleep with sheets/blankets tucked in at foot of bed. I only have to get that bottom sheet on, the rest is like a duvet.
Anyone solved the firm mattress problem?
Ray

Post by Ray »

I need about a one foot rear slde out for my head - LOL

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”