How do you check level on your BF?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ray

Post by Ray »

If I had levelers and it would cost that much to fix them ------ I would have them fixed.

I sure wish I had levelers --- but its not a $4000.00 plus wish - LOL.

Talk to the factory, they do installs and repairs. See what they think. If it is in fact the motor can it be rebuilt? There are allot of rebuild services and usually at a fraction of the new part cost - the factory might even offer this.

Just make sure its the motor first - I have run into way to many experts that didn't know anything except replacing parts till it starts working again.

Please let us know how it how it turns out for you.

Ray
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

I have gone the third route; get used to being off level a little, or get picky about where I stop.
Mike Astley

Post by Mike Astley »

bill crommett wrote:I have gone the third route; get used to being off level a little, or get picky about where I stop.
That's our approach as well. Much simpler and faster than blocking and less cost, less system complexity and less weight than using levelers.
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO
Dude

Post by Dude »

I have 2 stick on levels. One on the back and one on the side. I also have a Harbor Freight $1 level I keep inside that I'll throw on the counter every now and then.

On an older BF (I have a 1989) if I had a leveling system I would use it. If it was a $50 repair I would do it. If it was a $1,000 repair I would just leave it be and not fix it.

I level with Lynx Levelers. $40 for a set of 10. I have 3 sets, 30 blocks. A few people have mentioned that it is a PIA especially for solo RVers. I don't camp solo....I camp with a 4yo. Same difference. I have a Lynx Leveler chock that clicks into the levelers. When I hit it I stop and I'm at the top. It isn't difficult. Also I have gotten real good at reading my levels and how the RV is sitting and add the blocks.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Right, Dude. I'm solo and don't find leveling with blocks that much of a hassle. When my late husband and I leveled our Foretravel with automatic levelers we still had to put a 2X4" block under each leveler pad while it came down. That was my job. :wink: Not doing this meant sinking into the ground or, worse, into hot pavement.
Rob

Post by Rob »

What is the "lynx leveler chock"?
I use lynx levelers but am not familiar with this device.

Rob and Joan
2003 24RB
Dude

Post by Dude »

I am at work so I can't get to my photobucket account to post a pic of the chocks, but here is a link to their web page. It just kinda clicks in like the blocks do.

http://www.lynxlevelers.com/newtest/new_index.php
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
Dstrat1

level

Post by Dstrat1 »

iphones and ipads have bubble level apps that work great , so do the androids
Laker

Post by Laker »

I have HWH levels, both auto and manual. Normally use manual with iPad app dual levelers sitting on kitchen counter. Control unit in cabinet in front of sink, so easy to get level
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”