Exterior Light by door

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Nancy

Exterior Light by door

Post by Nancy »

Is the lens cover standard or do we have to get it from BF? Somehow ours kinda melted and then the other day flew off into the wind.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
whemme

Post by whemme »

Nancy,

Born Free purchases that light assembly from a commercial source. If you can find a manufacturer's name and P/N on it, you might be able to find a replacement lens by searching the internet.

Otherwise, my recommendation would be to contact Kim Olson at the Born Free factor (800-247-1835) and I am sure he can supply the lens or tell were to obtain the part.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Dude

Post by Dude »

I know my light fixture is pretty standard. If your RV store doesn't have the lens it might be cheaper and easier to just replace the whole fixture. rather than trying to find one online and shipping it. I'm sure your RV store will have a new fixture if they don't have the lens.

BTW, I'd replace it with an amber lens.....I did that on my popup so it didn't attract the bugs at night.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
whemme

Post by whemme »

Nancy,

Here is a possible source for your missing lens.

http://www.rvlifestyles.com/parts_store ... ts_id=6810
Attachments
Bargman Porch Light Lens.png
Bargman Porch Light Lens.png (47.95 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Nancy;

I would wonder why the cover melted in the first place. Replacing just the cover might not be the best option.

Years ago I replaced mine with a Smart light or something like that. Has a motion sensor so it only comes on when you are moving. Good for coming back late, or taking the dogs out. Mine is starting to discolor from the sun, and the new ones are LED. Might replace it again this year.

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”