John Dodgen Hospitalized!

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

whemme

John Dodgen Hospitalized!

Post by whemme »

John C.T. Dodgen, President of Born Free Motorcoach, would like Born Free owners and Leap 'n Lion members to know that his Dad, John Dodgen, had a stroke on Friday, March 21, 2015. Dad is in the hospital. Today, Saturday, he did speak with my Mom a couple of times. He told her he wanted to go home! At this time it is unknown how long he will be hospitalized. The family requests prayers for Dad. And if you would like to send him a card, please send it to him at the factory address:

Born Free Motorcoach
ATTEN: John Dodgen
1505 13th Street North
Humboldt, IA 50548
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Sorry to hear it, Bill. John will be in my prayers.
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Prayers being sent for John and the family.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
Ray

Post by Ray »

Thanks for letting us know Bill, Certainly hope John has a speedy and full recovery.
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Good to hear he wants to go home. That is a good sign. Will keep him in my Prayers.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Will pray for John's speedy recovery.

Rob and Joan Beery
2003 24RB
ddbowen

Post by ddbowen »

We will pray for John and the family
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I'm so sorry to hear that, he's in my prayers.
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
Max our Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
2005 Gulfstream BT Cruiser (former BF owner)
whemme

Post by whemme »

I am posting below some further information about John Dodgen's condition as reported to me by John CT Dodgen.

I just got back from visiting my dad in the hospital. He is recovering nicely. He has had another stroke but it appears that there is no paralysis. It has left him weak and he will be working with the therapist to strengthen his muscles and make sure he can function on his own with the help of my mom. I anticipate that he will be out of the hospital in a few days.

He was thrilled to read the card from all the people at the Tampa rally!

He and I thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

John CT
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Good news! :)
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Driving from Rhode Island to Humboldt back in the spring of 2001, a long drive in our Saturn wagon to check out the factory, we had our first contact with John Dodgen. A captivating gentleman that I thought could most likely sell anyone the Brooklyn bridge. After returning to Humboldt in October that year to pick up our new 26RB I learned what a person he really was, not only passionate about his coaches but dedicated to those of us that purchased them.

I cannot think of a better way to say thanks to John for the friendships and the great motorhomes we drive than to send him a get well card to read as he recuperates at home. My card goes in the mail tomorrow and I challenge every club member and Born Free owner to mail one. We may not get listed in the Guiness Book of Records but John will know how we all feel.

Born Free Motorcoach
ATTEN: John Dodgen
1505 13th Street North
Humboldt, IA 50548
Mel & Connie
whemme

Post by whemme »

I am again posting below some further information about John Dodgen's condition as reported to me by his son John CT Dodgen.

Thank you Born Free family for all the cards, thoughts and prayers.

My Dad came home this weekend and is doing quite well. No paralysis. He will be working with a couple of therapist for several weeks to get back up to speed. Not unlike most of us he is frustrated being trapped in his older body.

He was greatly encouraged with your cards and showed all the Doctors and Nurses. And true to form he worked his magic to convince one of his therapist that she needed to upgrade from her family tent to a pre owned Born Free :-)

Thanks again,
John CT
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”