1990 Born Free on Craigs with only 28813 miles.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

stevek

1990 Born Free on Craigs with only 28813 miles.

Post by stevek »

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/4369455752.html

I thought this was interesting enough to show you all.
Looks to be in real good shape.
$19000. Would be a good first time rig for someone.
I have never seen this kind of bodystyle before.
Kind of has "tail-fins".
Located near Sacramento, CA.

Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Priced way, way too high! Heck, my 2000 is probably worth only about $15K. Looks good, though! JMHO, of course! :wink:
Ray

Post by Ray »

deleted
Last edited by Ray on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike&linda

Post by mike&linda »

Just a reminder that on this age E-350 truck the odometer does not show the 6th digit. Once the mileage reaches 99,999 it rolls over to 00,000. So if you see extremely low mileage it may not be true. It is another example of buyer beware.

Edited by website administrator bfadmin-2 on 3/27/2014 to correct spelling error.
1990 26' RSB Diesel
Dude

Post by Dude »

Holy $h!t $19k for a 1990??????????? :shock:

Are they out of their mind? I don't care how well taken care of it and low mileage it is it ain't worth it. I have a 1989 that I paid $4k for. Granted I have some issues but $19,000??????? No Way!!!! And a 460 that gets 10-12mpg :roll: sure.

If it is in such good shape then maybe MAYBE they could get $8-9K.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
shezonit

class B prices

Post by shezonit »

Class Bs are in such huge demand, and new ones are the highest price per foot. I am noticing more and more Class Bs driven by older single people. When the spouse passes on, and you don't want to deal with tow hitches..... The easiest answer is a Class B.
Last summer I sold my 1996 Bigfoot Class B with 65k miles for $19K. That was my asking price and the buyer did not even blink.

This one is a bit older, but much more spacious interior for a van length.
Ray

Post by Ray »

deleted
Last edited by Ray on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
shezonit

Cute!

Post by shezonit »

Yes, I have been known to overpay for something I perceived to be "classic, rare, different" ...... Usually a motorcycle. But I rationalize it by remembering all the things and vehicles I have gotten screaming good deals on. It all balances out.
If this were a few years ago when I was searching for a Class B, I might have jumped on this. EXCEPT it doesn't have a permanent bed and even with my van, that was very high priority. I might have compromised because of all the other neat interior features in this Born Free. (Dry bath, 3 table options, big closet, etc etc) At the time Id never heard of a BF, so if I saw this ad and researched the new price, I might have considered the price not so bad. There is no other Class B size out there with that quality and space for under $20K...

A lot of "mights". I would still offer less.... CASH in hand.
Someone will be very happy to get this nice rig....
Desert Diva

Post by Desert Diva »

I'm sorry, but I live in Las Cruces and looked at this rig.

I was not impressed. Why?

1. The front windshield had a crack in the middle that spread across the driver and passenger side.
2. The rear back-up camera was missing and there was a gaping hole.
3. The rear of the rig had a major ding where the owner had backed up without using the back-up camera.
4. There were several light covers missing from the outside.
5. Many of the inside blinds were broken.
6. The owner *thought* it was due for an oil change, but couldn't remember. He obviously didn't keep very good service records.
7. Being stored in a covered facility means "nothing" if the rig isn't well cared for.

Just my two cents worth...
Sam Ryan wrote: Regards; a value buy on a used, Born Free, the link to the '02 Born Free 26RSB / cabover bed in Las Cruces, NM. with 35K miles for $26,500 is another one of the best buys I've seen here. One-owner, always garaged. I'd be all over that one if I were shopping for a nice, used, low-mileage, gas powered V10 Born Free.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Desert Diva wrote:I'm sorry, but I live in Las Cruces and looked at this rig.

I was not impressed. Why?

1. The front windshield had a crack in the middle that spread across the driver and passenger side.
2. The rear back-up camera was missing and there was a gaping hole.
3. The rear of the rig had a major ding where the owner had backed up without using the back-up camera.
4. There were several light covers missing from the outside.
5. Many of the inside blinds were broken.
6. The owner *thought* it was due for an oil change, but couldn't remember. He obviously didn't keep very good service records.
7. Being stored in a covered facility means "nothing" if the rig isn't well cared for.

Just my two cents worth...
Except for the cracked windshield, these are all minor issues (and expected) for a coach of that age.

The asking price is another issue altogether. :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
shezonit

I think that was a different unit

Post by shezonit »

The one in Las Cruces had similar low miles, but it was a 26 foot RSB, I believe.
I still think it was a deal.
Ray

Post by Ray »

deleted
Ray

Post by Ray »

deleted
wendyjwalks

the owner of the 1990 Born Free

Post by wendyjwalks »

Hello everyone just to let you know I am owner of the 21ft 1990 Born Free. I have been reading all the post and if you are going to compare this unit then please compare it to the same class. The other Born Free in New Mexico is a Class C and is 26ft that is much longer and not the same as mine.
So let me clear up so issues about this unit. The mileage is correct the odometer has not rolled over as someone stated. I am only the motorhome's second owner. The first owner was only able to use if for the first 3,000 miles before it was placed in a large barn out back and forgotten for almost 10 years. ( note the original mileage is listed with the DMV). When this unit was built they spared no expense from the automatic lighted step ( no driving down the road with the step out) to the canvas large awning with aluminum cover , to the heavy tow package with separate transmission cooler for heavy towing and the oak cabinets . I do get 10 to 12 mpg but I keep it at 60 mph on freeway. I am sure if I did 70 mph which it is very capable of doing I might get less but with the price of gas here in California I keep it at 60.

Yes it is a 1990 but it is in excellent shape for its age. So my asking price I think is fair for a Class B motorhome with low milage and so many extras and in excellent condition. It is very hard to find a Class B in this price range and since having to pay storage on larger units many people are searching for the smaller units with the most space.
wendyjwalks

SOLD

Post by wendyjwalks »

The motorhome has been sold and yes the buyer did pay the asking price and are extremely happy with their purchase and feel it was worth every dollar. They did not want anything over 21ft and everything they looked that was newer in years was in worse condition than mine more miles and cost more. This one had everything they wanted and was in great condition. So the saying is true... " there is a seat for every bottom" I am going to miss my Born Free maybe someday I will be able to afford another.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”