26 Rear bed - Garbage?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ray

26 Rear bed - Garbage?

Post by Ray »

I have to ask - Folks with a 26 foot rear bed where to you keep your garbage can and garbage?

On my 24 rear bath I had a perfect place that worked great inside the closet door as you come up the stairs. - I had a slim can and used those white cinch locks whatever size those are.

But on the 26 I have not been able to come up with anything good except a small plastic grocery bag hanging on the closet door. The same can I used on my 24 dosnt work cause it blocks most everything else in the closet - on the 24 if I needed to get back there I went through the bath door

Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks
jobrien

Re: 26 Rear bed - Garbage?

Post by jobrien »

We keep ours in the shower. When we take a shower just move it to the kitchen area.
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

We have a small waste basket that fits nice next to the sofa in front of the sink....when we leave we put in the shower so the dogs can't get to it.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
Fortyniner

Post by Fortyniner »

I have a small plastic waste basket lined with a plastic shopping bag inside, under the sink. I also have a small square basket under the bathroom, on the top shelf
Tom & Helga Schmidt
ewagman

Post by ewagman »

We hang grocery store plastic bags from the toilet paper roll holder, and transfer to a bigger bag as needed.
Ed & Beth
2003 Born Free 26' RSB: SOLD March 2016
replace by a house near the beach
Mike Astley

Post by Mike Astley »

We keep one small garbage can behind the passenger's seat, while traveling, and moved between the seats while stopped. A very small garbage can between the toilet and the wall. These two are lined with plastic store bags.

We have an expandable kitchen bag size garbage can (the round type that collapses to a circle) that we use when stopped for most garbage. This sits, mostly in the way, in the kitchen corridor.

We do a garbage drop off each morning to keep it all from mounting up.
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO
Ray

Post by Ray »

Thanks everyone,

Starting to look like most people utilize the bath/shower in some way. To tell you the truth I never thought of that, I was trying to fiqure out how to get a fair sized can in the closet - and just couldn't fiqure a good way of doing it and still using the closet.

Looks like so far I will probably put it in the shower when traveling and pull it out and have it out closer to the kitchen when parked and cooking. Maybe a small one behind the passenger seat to use while driving.

Any other ideas I sure would like to hear them.

Thanks
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

On my 26 RB below the stove there are two drawers and below that a cabinet door. Behind the cabinet door is the fresh water tank. There is no storage space within so that cabinet door is rarely accessed. I have a small plastic oval garbage can that sits in front of that door. It is short enough for the lower of the two drawers to be opened when needed. It is attached to the cabinet door with Velcro and travels well without spilling. It isn't in the way as the aisle is wider there. It is conviently placed with easy access. It has a spring lid that stays open when needed. The springs on the original broke a couple of weeks ago. I did not expect to find a duplicate as the original is close to ten years old. I found one a couple of weeks ago at that universal source of RV necessities WALMART.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

Just inside the coach door next to the hide-a-way table. We have a small round can that's fitted with plastic shopping bags and has a lid with an access door. It's not perfect but we've used it so long we're used to it.
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Ray

Post by Ray »

A couple more great ideas - maybe I wont do the shower thing - thank you Dallas/Mike/Jean
Dan Gilmore

Post by Dan Gilmore »

I acquired a plastic stick-on hook from Walmart and stick it on between the stove and sink. A plastic bag is then installed over the hook and when it is full enough to get in the way, I simply take it off and install another.

Dan Gilmore
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

OR, use 2 tiny plastic stick on hooks, placed about 8 inches apart on the inside of the cabinet door under the sink. Then you hang a grocery store plastic bag on those hooks, but outside the door. Very convenient, and since it is right there, I empty, replace it often. I have same arrangement under vanity sink, but use smaller bags.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”