Hard Wired Rear VIew Camera System

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mrofb

Hard Wired Rear VIew Camera System

Post by mrofb »

Has anyone installed a hard wired rear view camera system on a 26rsb. If so, where did you run the wires.
mrofb
Ray

Re: Hard Wired Rear VIew Camera System

Post by Ray »

Entry behind cabinets - over to shower - down and through floor behind shower - under RV attached to existing wire harness to engine fire wall - through fire wall behind dash - up through left window/windshield trim - into overhead cab attach area
mrofb

Post by mrofb »

Thank You
mrofb
bornfreemi440

Post by bornfreemi440 »

i would go to ebay and buy a wireless one...they work great....save tons of headaches in wiring
Ray

Post by Ray »

Here is a pretty good and informative write up posted on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/gds/EVERYTHING-YOU- ... 736/g.html
sw23185

Post by sw23185 »

[ deleted ]
Last edited by sw23185 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

I looked at wireless ones for my hubby and they are not wireless. You still have to run a wire. So I purchased one that was suggested on this forum and it is fantastic.
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
Ray

Post by Ray »

Allot of the wireless cameras didnt seem to give as good of quality pic when I was looking at them.

Also,most RV'ers want a rear surveillance camera, not a back up camera. So the power pretty much has to come from the front of the coach.

Not sure which one you got but mine runs power and video all in the same cord.

I ran the wire's all the way to the cab overhead anticipating I would mount the monitor over head - then I got a GPS that will take the video feed, so now I have to pull the wires back a bit.
mrofb

Post by mrofb »

Installed hard wire rear view camera on my 26RSB. Followed Ray's instruction and everything worked good. Put camera cable in split wire conduit underneath vehicle.
Ray if you read this where did you mount you monitor?
mrofb
Ray

Post by Ray »

Hi - That is next on my list of to do's - I currently have the wire run up to the cab over entertainment system area because I was going to mount the monitor on the overhead - either right by the courtesy lights or on the flat upholstered area right above the drivers seat - wasn't sure about that because I would really have to tilt my head back to look at it ------- But, in the mean time I bought a Rand McNally GPS that will take the video feed so I am going to pull the wire back down to the dash and try that first - Its a 7 inch GPS so I am thinking it might work pretty good - once plugged in there is suppose to be a small icon in the upper corner that will put it in camera mode or back to GPS I have the GPS tucked in nicely on the left corner of the dash where it dosnt obstruct view but I can still keep my eyes on the road while looking at the GPS.

I can try to take pics if you want - but I ran into problems before cause I dont know how to resize them so I can post them on this forum

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”