add on room?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

baxmd

add on room?

Post by baxmd »

Does anyone have any experience w/ rooms you can add on to the awning such as this one: http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/produ ... -plus.html ? We hope to try some extended trips and may need a bit more room for 2 adults and 2 dogs. We did quite a few back and forth trips to the Midwest in 2014, but are ready to do some where we stay out on the road a bit longer.

Thanks,
Tom and Paula
Tom and Paula
2005 24RB
fourleos

Re: add on room?

Post by fourleos »

We purchased something similar made by Dometic for our 1991 last year. I did not read the installation instructions before purchasing and ordered it online from PPL motorhomes. We took it to our two week camping trip, we stay in one place, openned it up and found they require drilling into the side of the coach body. So, it's still in the to be figured out pile. I hope to use some kind of adhesive instead of drilling and to test it at home once all our snow melts. Based on my experience, I would suggest that you find out the design of the mountings of the add on room before you buy it. I still think they look useful, my husband, two kids and the dog, all like a little extra space! Reni
baxmd

Post by baxmd »

Thanks, Reni. This particular one doesn't require drilling, but if we hear enough good things to make it worthwhile, I'll be calling the factory before purchasing.

~Paula
Tom and Paula
2005 24RB
stevek

Post by stevek »

Regarding drilling holes in your BF, they make some real strong magnets.
All sizes and shapes.
You can attach the magnets with VHB (very high bond) double sided tape.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
fourleos

Post by fourleos »

Thanks for the suggestion, both the VHB and magnets sound like a solid option. Reni
Dude

Post by Dude »

I have an AAR that came with my BF. It has velcro on the side of the coach to attach it but it doesn't work very well anymore. However I didn't think the lack of attachment to the coach compromised its use. I have only used it once for a week long trip 2 years ago. I'll dig it out again for another week long trip this summer. Other than that it just stays in my garage.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
dowellcj

Post by dowellcj »

We have had good luck with free standing screen houses. They go up easily over the picnic table for shelter from rain, sun, and mosquitos, and can be left in place when we drive the buggy on an adventure. We had a great one from Target for years till we left it in the yard one winter and a big snow finished it off. Our current one was bought very reasonably at K-mart of all places!
Caryl & Tom Dowell
Sequim, WA
2015 Splendor (27 RSB)
Prior coach 2008 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”